Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN sued over child molestation!  (Read 112532 times)

Adam

• Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN sued over child molestation!
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2011, 11:03:29 PM »

Did anyone notice that Alex's attorney's mention they are going to file the sex abuse acts committed by Tommy to the Federal authorities?

Yes, I noticed that.
That should be interesting.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2011, 04:22:25 AM »

Nice Article! Wow! A mug-shot of Danny.  :ROFL:

I think that picture is the one that had Linda sitting on the couch below and to the side of Danny. It got cropped, I think, after the divorce.

The link to the ChatyChaty story, and to an apparent mirror, are:

"Adventist network 3ABN and founder's brother sued in child-sex case"

"Adventist network 3ABN and founder's brother sued in child-sex case"

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2011, 04:29:04 AM »

A lengthier article has been posted at theSouthern.com by the Southern Illinoisian:

"Tommy Shelton accused of sex abuse"

If anyone gets a copy of 3ABN's statement, please send me a copy.

What do you think of some of the statements in this article? It sounds like 3ABN is uncomfortable admitting that Tommy had an important position at 3ABN, doesn't it?

There are two editions of the above article, the difference being the headline. The first headline, apparently, was "Lawsuit codefendant 3ABN says claims not merited".

GRAT

« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2011, 07:57:13 AM »

Something I noticed in the articles, one says that Alex was supervised by his brother the few weeks he worked in the production department and another says the abuse continued for a year according to the lawsuit.  Just wondering which was correct.  I am in no way trying to say it makes a bit of difference how long Alex worked there.  Just one inappropriate touch from TS was one too many!!

vestedinterest

« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2011, 09:26:27 AM »

I think it has been noted before (ergo, not an original thought) but it would seem that either Brad KNEW his father-in-law had pedophilic tendencies and therefore watched his brother 24/7 both in VA and in ILL, never letting him out of his sight OR he had no reason whatsoever to suspect or anticipate such a horrific thing, and would therefore feel comfortable leaving his brother in his father-in-law's company - "You two go on to the mall!  Alex and I will hit the bike trail and we'll all meet back for dinner" would not raise suspicion normally.
Simply put:
1)BRAD KNEW about TS or
2)BRAD did not stay with his brother 24/7 because there was no probable cause.

I would imagine there are those in VA and in Illinois that would possibly recall seeing Alex without Brad during one of those time periods.  Just sayin'....

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2011, 09:37:38 AM »

Something I noticed in the articles, one says that Alex was supervised by his brother the few weeks he worked in the production department and another says the abuse continued for a year according to the lawsuit.  Just wondering which was correct.  I am in no way trying to say it makes a bit of difference how long Alex worked there.  Just one inappropriate touch from TS was one too many!!

I was there a lot longer than a "few weeks".  That will be easily proven.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

GRAT

« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2011, 10:01:29 AM »

Thank you Alex, that is what I thought as the "few weeks" seemed to come from a statement from 3ABM.  Keep up your courage and remember that there are a lot of people praying for you. 

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2011, 10:19:59 AM »

Simply put:
1)BRAD KNEW about TS or

If Brad was involved in anyway after it came out that Tommy had, according to sources, molested his own adopted son, then it would be pretty hard to say that Brad didn't know.

Even if Brad wasn't involved in confronting Tommy, it seems like a stretch for him to be completely clueless about his wife's brother's situation, especially if Brad spent any time at all growing up around the Ezra Church of God.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2011, 10:38:50 AM »

Simply put:
1)BRAD KNEW about TS or

If Brad was involved in anyway after it came out that Tommy had, according to sources, molested his own adopted son, then it would be pretty hard to say that Brad didn't know.

Even if Brad wasn't involved in confronting Tommy, it seems like a stretch for him to be completely clueless about his wife's brother's situation, especially if Brad spent any time at all growing up around the Ezra Church of God.

Why would Brad after Tommy's arrest...Tell me on the phone- He has NEVER nor would he EVER leave his son alone with Tommy? Why would Brad... Apologize to me for what Tommy did to me if he didn't believe he did it? Those are some questions that Brad is going to have to answer in court!
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2011, 10:45:05 AM »

I hope not Artiste.  The allowed a child molestor to work there, twice..........without supervison...apparently. The only thing their affiliation might promote at this point is a possible inclusion in a law suit.....deep pockets.  Whatever perceived threat they see from progressives is no where near the danger they are in supporting an organization who is presently effectively supporting an accused pedophile to the point where they have now opened up themselves and the SDA church name they carry to a lawsuit.  I jes sayin'........ :dunno:

I think the GC would rather have good relationships with 3ABN since they believe they need something to counteract the SDA progressives.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2011, 01:11:02 PM »

:-/
Alex L. Walker

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2011, 01:18:44 PM »

Thank you Alex, that is what I thought as the "few weeks" seemed to come from a statement from 3ABM.  Keep up your courage and remember that there are a lot of people praying for you. 

GRAT:

Thank you. May God Bless.
Alex L. Walker

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2011, 07:24:34 PM »

Yesterday one of Alex's attorneys, Jessica Arbour, moved the court to appear pro hac vice. That motion was granted today.

Also today, another of Alex's attorneys, Adam Horowitz, moved the court to appear pro hac vice.

JustWondering

« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2011, 08:12:56 PM »

Yesterday one of Alex's attorneys, Jessica Arbour, moved the court to appear pro hac vice. That motion was granted today.

Also today, another of Alex's attorneys, Adam Horowitz, moved the court to appear pro hac vice.
Objection! Use of non-English terms.   :dunno:  Is this a good thing? :help:

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2011, 11:36:26 PM »

Bob, would you like to speak to us in our own language?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Up