Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN Broadcasts Seventh-day Adventist Church President Ted Wilson  (Read 13764 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

February 11, 2012, President Ted Wilson will be speaking in Puerto Rico, broadcast on 3ABN and 3ABN Latino.

From 3ABN's website, along with a front page photo of Elder Wilson preaching:

“Danny Shelton and I share the belief that Elder Ted Wilson was chosen by God to lead our church at this critical time in the history of our world,” says 3ABN president, Jim Gilley. “Our entire network is committed to supporting him as he leads God’s remnant people, especially in revival and reformation.”

We are happy that Danny Shelton and Jim Gilley endorse President Ted Wilson so enthusiastically...

Are the sentiments mutual?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: 3ABN Broadcasts Seventh-day Adventist Church President Ted Wilson
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 08:52:27 PM »

I think we should conclude from Jim Gilley's remarks that 3ABN has decidedly committed itself to revival and reformation, which of course includes abandoning deception, coverup of pedophilia, kickback schemes, private inurement, and abuse of power, as well as full restitution wherever possible.

Feel free to call 3ABN and confirm that Jim Gilley's announcement means exactly that.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 09:02:10 PM »

How will 3ABN's use of donors' money to fight present and future lawsuits related to pedophilia coverup relate to their promotion of revival and reformation?

Or do they have some other means of financing lawsuit defense?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 05:46:39 PM »

How will 3ABN's use of donors' money to fight present and future lawsuits related to pedophilia coverup relate to their promotion of revival and reformation?

Or do they have some other means of financing lawsuit defense?

Really?!? "present and future lawsuits"? There is only Alex's lawsuit. Despite all the Pickle/Joy/Linda fervor there are no others and it's been years now...  And do you expect a self supporting ministry to get money to defend themselves from anyone but donors? Where else would they get money from? Who do you and all your money hungry cohorts expect them to get money from, if not from the donors?

I don't expect an answer here as the most I have ever seen from you in reply is a pathetic and plaintive plea to Pickle or Joy asking "Is this true?", but I have to ask this anyway.

When Alex loses his lawsuit - and he will- (ASK ME WHY) what will 3ABN supporters and the Adventist world in general think of you and your fellow false accusers of the brethren? Have you ever set aside your one-sided, bias, partiality and judgmental-ism and really considered that?  or how your mission may be perceived by others? IMO, you need to...

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 05:58:47 PM by Nosir Myzing »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 12:18:36 PM »

And do you expect a self supporting ministry to get money to defend themselves from anyone but donors? Where else would they get money from?

I expect 3ABN to get money from Danny's making restitution for all the siphoning of funds he did over the years.

When Alex loses his lawsuit - and he will- (ASK ME WHY) what will 3ABN supporters and the Adventist world in general think of you and your fellow false accusers of the brethren?

Which accusation did you think was false? Please be specific.

As far as Alex's allegations against Tommy go, do not that Tommy pled guilty to those in July 2010. As a minister of the gospel he knows he must always and only tell the truth, and thus when he tried to convince the judge that he was remorseful for molesting Alex, we should be able to conclude that he wasn't trying to deceive the judge.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 02:31:09 PM »

Really?!? "present and future lawsuits"? There is only Alex's lawsuit. Despite all the Pickle/Joy/Linda fervor there are no others and it's been years now...  And do you expect a self supporting ministry to get money to defend themselves from anyone but donors? Where else would they get money from? Who do you and all your money hungry cohorts expect them to get money from, if not from the donors?

Nosir, aren't Bob and Gailon stil filing motions, etc that require the services of an attorney for 3ABN?  There maybe no new lawsuits, but I believe that is some residual filings from the old ones to keep the attorneys somewhat busy.

About using donor money.  From his own pocket/salary/income if it for things like his divorce.  His midlife crisis, his dime.  However, for suits such as Alex's, it will have to come from donors was that is where 3ABN gets their funds.   Also for Bob and Gailon's action because it was maintained that their sites, etc. were damaging to 3ABN.  I can also see the frustration as it was Danny who brought his brother on to be an employee at 3ABN and it was Danny messy the divorce that caused all the trouble to begin with, but that's business............ So basically, as far as I am concerned, Nosir, it's a split decision......Agree to a point.

I don't expect an answer here as the most I have ever seen from you in reply is a pathetic and plaintive plea to Pickle or Joy asking "Is this true?", but I have to ask this anyway.

When Alex loses his lawsuit - and he will- (ASK ME WHY) what will 3ABN supporters and the Adventist world in general think of you and your fellow false accusers of the brethren? Have you ever set aside your one-sided, bias, partiality and judgmental-ism and really considered that?  or how your mission may be perceived by others? IMO, you need to...

Nosir,  I am having a bit of trouble with this one.  This is not the first, but second time TS has plead guilty.  Now you all wanted to say it was because of his health, etc. before, but pleading guilty is pleading guilty.  You don't do so unless you are guilty, especially twice. 

Gregory, Snoopy, somebody more knowledgeable than I, please tell me if this guilty plea in the criminal case will make the civil case a slam dunk.........I can even see if it makes TS' portion a slam dunk and not 3ABN's...I am curious about that, though.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:40:03 PM by Johann »
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 04:17:32 PM »

PrincisDi asked:
Gregory, Snoopy, somebody more knowledgeable than I, please tell me if this guilty plea in the criminal case will make the civil case a slam dunk.........I can even see if it makes TS' portion a slam dunk and not 3ABN's...I am curious about that, though.

In my answer, I am not differing between AW and DT.  This might be a factor, but I am not considering it.

I do not know if the Alford Plea that TS made is admissable in the civil action that is being taken.

Here is where I think it maybe of interest:  In virginia, an  Alford Plea is a statement by both the defenant who pleads the Alford Plea and the judge who accepts it that the evidence againsst the defendant is probably enough to convict if it went to trial.  To me, that sounds like enough evidence to result in a civil verdict, which it less than the evidence required for a criminal conviction.  If that evidence exists, as both TS and the judge seems to say it exists, then that evidence is available for a civil trial.  So, from that perspective, the Alford Plea sugggests to me that the likelylhood of a civil juddgement against TS &/or 3-ABN is increased.  However, it could be that the judgement     would only be against TS and not 3-ABN. I am not certain that such is  likely, but, it could be. 

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 04:31:30 PM »

Nosir, aren't Bob and Gailon stil filing motions, etc that require the services of an attorney for 3ABN?  There maybe no new lawsuits, but I believe that is some residual filings from the old ones to keep the attorneys somewhat busy.

Di, Bob and Gailon are no longer filing motions in their case as the Supreme Court denied their request to hear it.  There is no where else to go.  That lawsuit is over.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 04:34:27 PM »

Ok so after reading up on the Alford Plea, this is also what I was thinking, because judge and defendant by accepting this plea admit to there being enough evidence to convice in a trail.  Also, that information would be available to the civil court.

Here is where I think it maybe of interest:  In virginia, an  Alford Plea is a statement by both the defenant who pleads the Alford Plea and the judge who accepts it that the evidence againsst the defendant is probably enough to convict if it went to trial.  To me, that sounds like enough evidence to result in a civil verdict, which it less than the evidence required for a criminal conviction.  If that evidence exists, as both TS and the judge seems to say it exists, then that evidence is available for a civil trial.  So, from that perspective, the Alford Plea sugggests to me that the likelylhood of a civil juddgement against TS &/or 3-ABN is increased.  However, it could be that the judgement     would only be against TS and not 3-ABN. I am not certain that such is  likely, but, it could be.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 04:36:10 PM »

Thanks Snoopy.  i don't check here that often so I missed that. 

Di, Bob and Gailon are no longer filing motions in their case as the Supreme Court denied their request to hear it.  There is no where else to go.  That lawsuit is over.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 04:44:38 PM »

From his own pocket/salary/income if it for things like his divorce.  His midlife crisis, his dime.

Di, how do we know that? How do we know that Danny didn't have 3ABN foot the bill for his divorce?

Remember how the agreement with 3ABN muzzled Linda from being able to say anything negative about Danny? And that before Linda could defend herself at her own church trial, she would have had to return the payments she got from 3ABN? That clearly was a divorce benefit for Danny that was paid for by 3ABN.

And don't forget how apparently Danny sued us as an individual and let 3ABN pay all the bills. In reality, Danny should have paid half the cost of suing us, which in 2007 and 2008 alone would have been well over $600,000 dollars as his share of the costs. (If his paying a third of the costs rather than a half would have been more fair, then his portion would have still been over $400,000.)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 02:30:35 PM »

I'm not saying that is how it happened, but as it should go.  Because he kind of "filtered"it through the board, he conceivably may have had the ministry foot the bill, I don't put it past him.

horsethief

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 10:28:57 PM »

I browsed that Anchors of Truth show a few weeks ago and that Jim Gilley compared Danny to HMS Richards and George Vandeman. I was offended and changed the channel.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 03:33:02 AM »

If something goes bad, do we have to deny that it was once good?

Even a rotten apple was probably once an apple that was tasty and good to eat.

I would say that whatever good could once be attributed to Danny Shelton would also be attributed to Linda Shelton.

HMS Richards amd George VAndeman were both unique in that they had a media vision that no one else in Adventism was either able or willing to put into place.  And they both succeeded.

3-ABN was birthed and came into being due to the combined efforts of both Danny and Linda to establish it.  No one else in Adventism had both the vision and abilitiy to put it into place.  One does not have to believe every story that is told about its founding to believe that God was with 3-ABN in the days of its birth and in later stages of its growth.

The history of the SDA Church (and Christianity) tells us that when institutions blessed by God "depart from the faith (so to speak)" God intervenes (remember Battle Creek) to either change their direction or to replace them.  In either case, God is in charge and the will of God ultimately comes to pass.

I happen to believe that Hope TV came into being at a time of God's chosing and currently operates under the blessing of God.  In saying this, am I saying that God is no longer involved with 3-ABN?  No I am not.  As  to the qustion of God's ongoing involvement with 3-ABN;   With the passage of time, we will know the answer to that question.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 07:38:05 AM »

Don't know if I can get this thought out all right or not but on a much bigger scale of History and some what similar--did not God create everything perfect and beautiful and amazing. Well, Satan came along and corrupted all in animal, agriculture and human and said in Lev.-- it was confusion!....The corruption was so bad that God had enough and then the flood.

Seems in a small scale the pattern is on going. 3abn a good thing but in Satan's realm he definitely would not let 3abn go for sure and therefore I do believe the corruption is true within. and as far as Hope channel goes I do admit some is very good but displays a lot against Aventistism that public should not think all is ok just watching and observing worldly actions that Adventist don't stand for.-- cant tell the difference in secular especially when the camera men make a habit of focusing on different details for observance.  lol sometimes I think they do it purposely. But I was so disappointed that I no longer watch Hope. 

If some of the best evangelist feel they can reach the world on these channels I do not think they are corrupt but use the lines that are most available, so hopefully something good will come out of "money scoundrels".  God still uses this "world" even though it is now corrupt. That is about my only reasoning with the whole thing and try to have comfort in some things. But I also do not like the Churches stance on this either.  So looks like we are in this till the end. But yes time will tell when God has had enough.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 07:41:30 AM by tinka »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up