Theology Category > Doctrinal Discussions

Are the Seven Trumpets of Revelation in the Future?

<< < (3/3)

christian:

--- Quote from: Artiste on March 30, 2012, 10:13:47 PM ---Will we be seeing a meteorite colliding with planet Earth causing the kind of devastation described with the third trumpet of Revelation 8:10,11?

Or were our church pioneers correct in interpreting this event figuratively and placing it in the past?

Or is there such a thing as dual application in Scripture?

--- End quote ---
In the Spirit of Prophecy Ellen White says that when the great deep broke up water came from the inner earth and thrust great Stones into the air. Could it be that some of the so called meteor strikes are simply the large pieces of earth falling back to the surface? ---As for the duel meaning of the seven trumpets my guess is anything is possible but forensically there is very little scriptural evidence to support a duel meaning. What I personally believe is that the prophecies have been fulfilled and that the last day events and destruction of the earth are more of a manmade event. The Bible states that God is coming back to destroy them that destroy the earth. There is no external trip wire that is needed to propell us to the end of time. Already we have the doomsday device, multiple warheads, uncontrollable viruses and many other weapons of mass destruction. Evil mean have already shown there is no restaint to the havoc they will herald on the world. Selfish men and women that care nothing about the welfare of the human race will not need the asteroid to devastate the earth because long before that they will have caused the earths destruction.

Johann:
In our part of the world the official Easter holidays last from Maudy Thursday till the Second Day of Easter - which is today, Monday. Most people are off from work and schools are closed. As a special Easter feature our main radio station has been reading through the book of Revelation with explanations these days. I have just listened to the final reading from chapter 19 to the end - on the Final Judgment. We heard how this has been described through medieval painting, the Catholic Church and the Reformers into modern literature on the atomic age.

It was good to hear the reading about the judgment and the second coming, the first and the second death and resurrection the destruction of the wicked and the entrance of the people of God into the New Jerusalem, and the New Earth. The speaker talked about this as the Great Controversy between Good and Evil culminating at the Second Coming. I could agree with the general picture because it fits in with our understanding, and yet I thought there is no other book available which gives such a vivid picture of the events as the book The Great Controversy. We do have Uriah Smith and other studies of Revelation, but the master outline is given in The Great Controversy.

All of the other details are mighty interesting, but not as essential for the average individual as that master outline.

Murcielago:
Interesting thoughts, Christian. During the Falklands war I was living in Belize, a British colony next to Guatemala. While the Brits were busy with Argentina, Guatemala thought this would be a good time to acquire Belize. Lady Margaret made the threat of dropping some missiles (it was assumed they would be nuclear) into some of the semi-active volcanoes surrounding Guatemala City in the event of an invasion of Belize. I was a child at the time, but since then I have often thought of the disastrous potential of strategically placed nukes in areas of geological fragility such as Yellowstone.

christian:

--- Quote from: Murcielago on April 10, 2012, 11:45:09 PM ---Interesting thoughts, Christian. During the Falklands war I was living in Belize, a British colony next to Guatemala. While the Brits were busy with Argentina, Guatemala thought this would be a good time to acquire Belize. Lady Margaret made the threat of dropping some missiles (it was assumed they would be nuclear) into some of the semi-active volcanoes surrounding Guatemala City in the event of an invasion of Belize. I was a child at the time, but since then I have often thought of the disastrous potential of strategically placed nukes in areas of geological fragility such as Yellowstone.

--- End quote ---
In all seriousness Murc, I have to say that because sometimes I write things and take the Devils advocate for the sake of argument. Sometimes we look at prophecy for a window to the future when the times we live in make the prophetic view unnecessary. We are currently living in a time when no less than three countries have the ability to destroy the world and at least three others would like to if given the opportunity. The current time we are living in are definitely the end of days, it is only Gods mercy and love for humanity, and His unwillingness to give us up that perserves our lives. Just look at the news and you daily see the love of God, when a tornado hits a building and no one is hurt or earthquakes and very little lose of life. We are living in the time of miracles that Abraham and others long to see and live in. We are looking for signs like some in Noah's day looked for the rain before they would believe. They saw the animals enter the ark the door close but only when it started to rain did they say to Noah, "we believe", "we believe", I know there is no reference of them saying that in the bible, I am using my prophetic powers LOL. We live in the miracle age which I can imagine was the same before the great flood and yet we are powerless because we should believe but we don"t.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version