Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I've been subpoenaed!!!!!  (Read 25088 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
I've been subpoenaed!!!!!
« on: July 06, 2012, 05:56:36 AM »

Yesterday a fellow came to my door and handed me a subpoena. I'm being commanded to appear for a deposition by 3ABN in Fergus Falls on July 20 90+ miles away!

3ABN was going to depose me in Moorhead during their case against us, which is less than 40 miles away. Why 90+ miles this time?

I'm being commanded to produce all communications with Alex Walker, Adam McReynolds, and Glenn Dryden. "All"? Their requests to produce in their case against us used that word too, and so I used it in my requests to produce, and then they complained to the court that I had used the word "all," since that was so broad. How would an invitation from Glenn Dryden to join LinkedIn be relevant to Tommy's abuse of Alex?

Johann

Re: I've been subpoenaed!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 06:35:31 AM »

Who is issuing the subpoena? Is it 3ABN or 3ABN lawyer, Anthony J. Alt?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 09:13:19 AM »

Who is issuing the subpoena? Is it 3ABN or 3ABN lawyer, Anthony J. Alt?

According to the rules, the only ones who can issue subpoenas are attorneys and court clerks. This one was apparently signed by Simpson, though the signature is hard to read.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 06:38:10 PM »

I can only WISH I would get such a subpoena. I live for the opportunity to put my thoughts and experiences about the liar, back stabber and coward Glenn Dryden into the court record.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 08:43:23 PM »

Yesterday a fellow came to my door and handed me a subpoena. I'm being commanded to appear for a deposition by 3ABN in Fergus Falls on July 20 90+ miles away!

3ABN was going to depose me in Moorhead during their case against us, which is less than 40 miles away. Why 90+ miles this time?

I'm being commanded to produce all communications with Alex Walker, Adam McReynolds, and Glenn Dryden. "All"? Their requests to produce in their case against us used that word too, and so I used it in my requests to produce, and then they complained to the court that I had used the word "all," since that was so broad. How would an invitation from Glenn Dryden to join LinkedIn be relevant to Tommy's abuse of Alex?

So do you have a pretty good idea of what items you will produce for them?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

SDAminister

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 11:21:57 PM »

We should have reader's submissions as to which will be the five most interesting questions asked of Bob Pickle.

My take:
1. "Mr. Pickle, do you think Danny Shelton (the brother of admitted child rapist Tommy Shelton), will ever be charged with a felony in the state of Illinois for illegal wiretapping of Linda Shelton?"

2. "Mr. Pickle, would you be willing to share everything you know about any kickbacks/royalty payments made to either Tommy Shelton or Danny Shelton vis a vis any and all books printed and or published by Remnant Publications, Pacific Press, 3ABN Books, DLS Publishing or other entities?"

3. "Mr. Pickle, in your opinion, exactly how many bilkable hours of.... uh, I mean billable hours of time did Attorney Simpson manage to squeeze out of 3ABN by giving them bad advice and poor legal counseld and how do you feel this will affect Tommy's psyche?"

4. "Mr. Pickle, would you hire the non-SDA Tommy Shelton to work with kids, like 3ABN did, in your company, even though you knew he had a problem with this before you rehired him?"

5. "Mr Pickle, who is Trinity's father?"

SDAminister

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 06:04:12 AM »

How would an invitation from Glenn Dryden to join LinkedIn be relevant to Tommy's abuse of Alex?

The answer to that question is an easy one:

It very well may be of legal interest to know where you have published your thoughts on the matters up for consideration and to know what you might have said in private messages to people.

From that perspective, the message from Glenn Dryden and/or your response, might be of great interest.

Bob you have posted (published) a lot on the Internet and in private messages.  They may simply want to know more about what you have said and to whom?

Bob, you can say what you want to about Simpson.  But, he is an experienced trial attorney who knows exactly what he is doing and how to go after it.  If he wants to put you under oath, he has a reason, you can be certain.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 06:07:56 AM by Gregory »

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 06:20:36 AM »

"Mr. Pickle, why would Glenn Dryden sign Tommy Shelton's ordination certificate after writing two letters warning others about allegations against him?"

"Mr. Pickle, why did Glenn Dryden run away like a common coward when the reporter from WUSA 9 asked him a simple question about why he did not go to the authorities with what he knew about Tommy Shelton? Is it because he knows he broke the law?"

"Mr. Pickle, why do you think Glenn Dryden refuses to apologize for the hell he has brought back into the lives of Tommy Shelton's victims? Is it because he is actually a self centered jerk?"

"Mr. Pickle, isn't it true that Glenn Dryden waited until Tommy Shelton moved back to Marion, KY to dig up past allegations against him? Do you think it's because he realized his own total failure as a pastor?"

"Mr. Pickle, don't you believe Glenn Dryden is ashamed and embarrased that he is not as successful as a convicted sexual abuser at not one, but TWO churches?"

"Mr. Pickle, why does Glenn Dryden continue to lie and say he has no idea why Duane Clem has absolutely nothing but anger and comtempt toward him, when he knows it is actually because of the lies he has told about Mr. Clem and his obsession with digging up past experiences that Mr. Clem had already gotten past?"

"Mr. Pickle, why was Glenn Dryden not reprimanded for attacking Mr. Clem on Advent Talk, but was in fact coddled and protected after he called and whined about being exposed as the loser that he actually is?"
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 01:23:29 PM »

he is an experienced trial attorney who knows exactly what he is doing and how to go after it. 

Gregory, when did you meet and evaluate Greg Simpson?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 01:24:35 PM »

We should have reader's submissions as to which will be the five most interesting questions asked of Bob Pickle.

My take:
1. "Mr. Pickle, do you think Danny Shelton (the brother of admitted child rapist Tommy Shelton), will ever be charged with a felony in the state of Illinois for illegal wiretapping of Linda Shelton?"

2. "Mr. Pickle, would you be willing to share everything you know about any kickbacks/royalty payments made to either Tommy Shelton or Danny Shelton vis a vis any and all books printed and or published by Remnant Publications, Pacific Press, 3ABN Books, DLS Publishing or other entities?"

3. "Mr. Pickle, in your opinion, exactly how many bilkable hours of.... uh, I mean billable hours of time did Attorney Simpson manage to squeeze out of 3ABN by giving them bad advice and poor legal counseld and how do you feel this will affect Tommy's psyche?"

4. "Mr. Pickle, would you hire the non-SDA Tommy Shelton to work with kids, like 3ABN did, in your company, even though you knew he had a problem with this before you rehired him?"

5. "Mr Pickle, who is Trinity's father?"

SDAminister

An interesting and thought-provoking list, SDAminister.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 03:12:38 PM »

Artiste:

I published an evaulation of Simpson some time ago.  At that time I posted my basis for evaulating him and I predicted his probable success.  Please review those posts for answers to your questisons.

By the way, those who work in the legal  field know how to obtain competent, objective evaulations of lawyers.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 03:33:27 PM »

Artiste:

I published an evaulation of Simpson some time ago.  At that time I posted my basis for evaulating him and I predicted his probable success.  Please review those posts for answers to your questisons.

By the way, those who work in the legal  field know how to obtain competent, objective evaulations of lawyers.

I'm afraid I'm not up to reading all your posts since you first came on this forum in order to find the ones you are referring to.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 03:42:12 PM »

Ariste:

O.K.  I understand.  Well, it should be easy for you to find an objective evaulation of Simpson.  Try the peer review sources of Martindale-Hubbell.   That should give you a good start.  If the attorney is licensed and practiced law for a while, Martindale just might give you an objective rating for competence and for ethics.  Martindale rates both.

Of course, there are other sources. A complete evaulation is not going to depend upon Martindale.  That will jsut be a start.

Other things to consider are the percentage of cases that go to trial and the per-cent of wins that come after trial.  NOTE: Statments made by some on these issues about Simpson were simply not based upon objective statistics.  IOW, they were false--some statements.

If you really want in-depth information, any good attorney can assist you in obtaining such.

The basis for my previusoly posted statemets about Simpson were based upon more than one source.  But, I will be delighted for you to obtain information on your own.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 03:49:52 PM by Gregory »

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 03:55:49 PM »

An attorney who represents a client in a case that may go trial will early on obtain information on the lawyers who represent the other side.  That information is considered in vaulable in preparing a case.  Each attorney on the other side will likely have some areas of speciality.  That will indicate the direction that the case may take, and the preparation needed to counter the other side.  It will give information as to how likely a settlement can be reached prior to trial.  It will suggest whether or not the other side will play "hard ball."  This information is so vaulable that it can be easily obtained.  It is out thers. You can obtain it.

SDAminister

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 09:02:04 PM »

Artiste:

What success?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up