Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open letter to Leona Running, Ph.d  (Read 21691 times)

SDAminister

Re: Open letter to Leona Running, Ph.d
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 10:34:29 AM »

Gregory, yesterday you said, " Continue to post here under a penname and I will never challenge you for your posting here."

Why do you continue to chide me about this?

The open letter was from SDAminister to Dr. Leona Running.

So, did you send her a personal copy of your "open letter," that included your real name and address?  If so, you gave her the opportunity to respond directly to you and rebut statements that you made.

If you did, you acted responsibility. 

If you did not, I will suggest that your "open letter" was  to the world at large and not to Dr. Running.  In this case, Dr. Running would have no chance to respond to you and rebut what you stated.  In fact, if you did not, it is likely that she will never know of what you said about her.  An open letter to her, hardly if it is not likely that she will ever be able to respond.

Did sister Running's letter have a return address or contact info so that brother Wilson could respond? And why is the letter undated? Did she write it 2 years ago? When? Did she write it at the moment of his election in Atlanta?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:39:24 AM by SDAminister »

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 03:44:52 PM »

I do not know what Dr. Running put on her letter when she personally sent a copy to President Wilson.  In any case, she identified herself.  As General Conference President, he clearly has the ability to determine her address and to respond to her.

With her identified by name I was quickly able to detemine her address.

I do not blame her ifshe deleted her address from the public posting of her letter. 

Your letter was different.  In your posted letter you did not identify yourself.  If you sent a copy to President Wilson, without identfying who your were, it was probably quickly sent to the trash-bin. Denominational leaders do not place much stock in letters in which the author does not identify themselves.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 06:37:31 PM »

I have long since abandoned being a respecter of Doctorates or Corporate Positions. The Bible is very definitely a guidepost for eternal life and the opinions and studied thesis of human wisdom can be quite debilitating to christian development and the moral standards.

I look at Geithner of treasury with utmost disdain as he struggles with the mess he and the wall street crowd have created. I saw Paulson, a football hero just four years ahead of me turn into an incompetent bumbler as the waves of financial crisis washed over him and he had to turn to the Federal Treasury to cover the sins of his progeny and others on wall street gone awry in debt and mis-management.  And Jamie Dimon struggle with a $5 Billion (yup, a B) loss from a hired gun in London that gambled with the banks money and ran up against former JPMorgan traders determined to punish Dimon and company.

Interestingly, most of the bankers that gave us this mess we live in were Harvard MBA's, some with more than one and many duel JD, MBA's.

I am no respecter of human intelligence and academic achievement and will stand with the eternal brilliance and simple intelligence of a Bible Scholar with no degree ANY DAY!!! An individual driven by his right of conscience and his connection with Heavenly Intelligence at one with the Holy Spirit.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

SDAminister

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 09:36:41 PM »

I do not know what Dr. Running put on her letter when she personally sent a copy to President Wilson.  In any case, she identified herself.  As General Conference President, he clearly has the ability to determine her address and to respond to her.

With her identified by name I was quickly able to detemine her address.

I do not blame her ifshe deleted her address from the public posting of her letter. 

Your letter was different.  In your posted letter you did not identify yourself.  If you sent a copy to President Wilson, without identfying who your were, it was probably quickly sent to the trash-bin. Denominational leaders do not place much stock in letters in which the author does not identify themselves.

Your attempts to cover up being caught in a double-standard are amusing. Did you think to ask if I too withheld my address from the public posting of my letter?

And why no response from you as to why her letter was undated? Or was that redacted as well to keep the public from some secret?

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2012, 03:00:23 AM »

I am glad you are amused.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 02:32:22 PM »

I have long since abandoned being a respecter of Doctorates or Corporate Positions. The Bible is very definitely a guidepost for eternal life and the opinions and studied thesis of human wisdom can be quite debilitating to christian development and the moral standards.

I look at Geithner of treasury with utmost disdain as he struggles with the mess he and the wall street crowd have created. I saw Paulson, a football hero just four years ahead of me turn into an incompetent bumbler as the waves of financial crisis washed over him and he had to turn to the Federal Treasury to cover the sins of his progeny and others on wall street gone awry in debt and mis-management.  And Jamie Dimon struggle with a $5 Billion (yup, a B) loss from a hired gun in London that gambled with the banks money and ran up against former JPMorgan traders determined to punish Dimon and company.

Interestingly, most of the bankers that gave us this mess we live in were Harvard MBA's, some with more than one and many duel JD, MBA's.

I am no respecter of human intelligence and academic achievement and will stand with the eternal brilliance and simple intelligence of a Bible Scholar with no degree ANY DAY!!! An individual driven by his right of conscience and his connection with Heavenly Intelligence at one with the Holy Spirit.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
We are on the same page there. Perhaps I could have been clearer and used the word 'respect' in the context of 'decorum' and 'common manners.' Incivility is shameful.

heartfan

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2012, 07:01:04 PM »

I know exactly who you are.  Does that infuriate you??  Would you have a little more respect if the people you were conversing with knew who you are??

Dr. Running was willing to put her name and reputation on the line in writting her open letter to President Wilson.  You would have earned more respect if you had openly attached your name and reputation to your open letter.

By the way, your comments about her academic background are incorrect.  If you read and understood her signature block at the end of the letter, would have been informed that she has two (2) earned doctorates.  The DHL is an earned doctorate.  In general terms it has the same criteria as does a PhD.

It seems to me that accuracy is not high with you--E.G your comments about me and susentation.

Methinks Leona's reputation is taking the greater hit, not mine. I have none. I am nameless and faceless. My nom de plume is my license to freedom. The fact that you don't know who I am may infuriate you. Pen names are allowed in this forum and you cannot fault someone here for using one. If you don't like the rules of this forum, go elsewhere.

But I do not seek your respect. Again, I repeat Wm Miller, "Show us from the Word of God where we are wrong..." Until such time, your ridicule is thoughtlessly ignored.

Now, if I may drop some knowledge on you: I did not misstate Dr. Running's academic background. I stated it exactly as it is listed on the Andrews Univ./Seminary website. http://www.andrews.edu/sem/article.php?id=110&action=print

Regarding her DHL: Which institution granted it? What was her research in? How many years did it take to complete? Is her thesis on file somewhere?
Why does she list her DHL in her letter but not on her page at Andrews?
I may be wrong, but I've never, ever heard of a DHL being an earned degree. Prove me wrong.

SDAminister

SDAminister

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2012, 09:54:13 PM »

Yes heartfan, I probably would in some cases. In other cases, no.

If I answer a fool according to his folly, am I wrong?
When Dr. Running equates racism with a doctrine of the church for 6000 years and nearly accuses her president of condoning racism, who is the one lacking respect? And so, we answer a fool according to their folly. That's what the Bible says to do.

But, outside of which tone I used, did you pretty much agree with the points made in the letter? Are you on board with me?

I know exactly who you are.  Does that infuriate you??  Would you have a little more respect if the people you were conversing with knew who you are??

Dr. Running was willing to put her name and reputation on the line in writting her open letter to President Wilson.  You would have earned more respect if you had openly attached your name and reputation to your open letter.

By the way, your comments about her academic background are incorrect.  If you read and understood her signature block at the end of the letter, would have been informed that she has two (2) earned doctorates.  The DHL is an earned doctorate.  In general terms it has the same criteria as does a PhD.

It seems to me that accuracy is not high with you--E.G your comments about me and susentation.

Methinks Leona's reputation is taking the greater hit, not mine. I have none. I am nameless and faceless. My nom de plume is my license to freedom. The fact that you don't know who I am may infuriate you. Pen names are allowed in this forum and you cannot fault someone here for using one. If you don't like the rules of this forum, go elsewhere.

But I do not seek your respect. Again, I repeat Wm Miller, "Show us from the Word of God where we are wrong..." Until such time, your ridicule is thoughtlessly ignored.

Now, if I may drop some knowledge on you: I did not misstate Dr. Running's academic background. I stated it exactly as it is listed on the Andrews Univ./Seminary website. http://www.andrews.edu/sem/article.php?id=110&action=print

Regarding her DHL: Which institution granted it? What was her research in? How many years did it take to complete? Is her thesis on file somewhere?
I may be wrong, but I've never, ever heard of a DHL being an earned degree. Prove me wrong.

SDAminister

heartfan

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2012, 10:06:13 PM »

NO I am not on board with you.  I think the tone of your posts has been very offensive and I am surprised at you.  You know better than that.  I KNOW you were raised better.

Yes heartfan, I probably would in some cases. In other cases, no.

If I answer a fool according to his folly, am I wrong?
When Dr. Running equates racism with a doctrine of the church for 6000 years and nearly accuses her president of condoning racism, who is the one lacking respect? And so, we answer a fool according to their folly. That's what the Bible says to do.

But, outside of which tone I used, did you pretty much agree with the points made in the letter? Are you on board with me?

SDAminister
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up