Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions I wish I could ask Danny Shelton on CA  (Read 292594 times)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Re: Questions I wish I could ask Danny Shelton on CA
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2008, 05:56:04 PM »

I do not know either, and neither do I know if it is only curiosity that drives some to want to know? Do I have the right to know that?

It would only be curiosity that would drive the media as well. Yet, most here seem in favor of that.
This was simply another stab at implying improper use of 3ABN assests . If it did happen, was improper why hint and drop partial statements.
Usually when things are left to speculation, the speculation is worse than the actual story
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Ben Brantley

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2008, 06:16:27 PM »

oh so now you know what motivated CRYSTAL to post what she did?   Have you crawled into her brain?  huge lol!  I don't think so!! 

could it be that CRYSTAL was trying to make a very specific point to a very specific person about a very specific situation you obviously know nothing about?

naw - that couldn't be

I do not know either, and neither do I know if it is only curiosity that drives some to want to know? Do I have the right to know that?

It would only be curiosity that would drive the media as well. Yet, most here seem in favor of that.
This was simply another stab at implying improper use of 3ABN assests . If it did happen, was improper why hint and drop partial statements.
Usually when things are left to speculation, the speculation is worse than the actual story

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2008, 06:30:42 PM »

oh so now you know what motivated CRYSTAL to post what she did?   Have you crawled into her brain?  huge lol!  I don't think so!! 

could it be that CRYSTAL was trying to make a very specific point to a very specific person about a very specific situation you obviously know nothing about?

naw - that couldn't be

Quite frankly I don't think you are thinking at all with this post. What I do see is dropping barely disguised statements aiming at someone specific and it doing what it was intended,response and curiosity

Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2008, 08:02:35 PM »

naw - that couldn't be

Quite frankly I don't think you are thinking at all with this post. What I do see is dropping barely disguised statements aiming at someone specific and it doing what it was intended,response and curiosity

I agree with you, Bonnie.  If there is no further clarification forthcoming, from all indications to this point the questions posed have raised speculation and inferred guilt, apparently what was intended.

Could it be that the poster who has criticized your thoughts is skillfully and subtly revealing that said poster DOES know what motivated CRYSTAL to post what she did and HAS crawled into her brain? 

??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Sam

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2008, 08:48:47 PM »

naw - that couldn't be

Bonnie, isn't it amazing how this group has nothing better to do than to speculate about something so trivial?  And, as you pointed out, trying to give the undercurrent that something was somehow wrong.  Ridiculous.

Don't remember the exact details but years back I think the girls softball team had their state play offs, or world series, or something like that, held in West Frankfort.  Yes in a small town that was a huge deal.  They say teams came from all over the US.  Anyway, one of the businessmen on the board feels that organizations such as three angels should be involved in the community. He offered to pay (his business has designated money just for this type of thing) to air these playoffs for the community.  It gave 3abn & the church a lot of good PR.

Sorry nothing sinister or underhanded going on.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2008, 09:16:46 PM »

Bonnie, isn't it amazing how this group has nothing better to do than to speculate about something so trivial?  And, as you pointed out, trying to give the undercurrent that something was somehow wrong.  Ridiculous.

Don't remember the exact details but years back I think the girls softball team had their state play offs, or world series, or something like that, held in West Frankfort.  Yes in a small town that was a huge deal.  They say teams came from all over the US.  Anyway, one of the businessmen on the board feels that organizations such as three angels should be involved in the community. He offered to pay (his business has designated money just for this type of thing) to air these playoffs for the community.  It gave 3abn & the church a lot of good PR.

If it is something that others should be concerned about, why not out with it. It must be about time for another sabbath breaker to be ferreted out
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 09:22:05 PM by bonnie »

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2008, 10:10:53 PM »

If it is something that others should be concerned about, why not out with it. It must be about time for another sabbath breaker to be ferreted out

I remember discussion about this incident on BSDA, before the birth of Adventtalk.  If this is the same instance that CRYSTAL was referring to, it has been discussed by many from all sides. 

You can find further information on this subject by clicking on thislink to my post on BSDA in "Larry Romrell:Adventist Connecitons?" thread during discussion about donation to local sports program.  As you will find, I was replying to a post by Snoopy that linked to an Atoday article.

EGW did make statements against some sports, so there is probably a quote that could be invoked to put another 3abn board member through a similar wringer as has been done with Pastor Phipps and Mr. McKee.  Perhaps that was where CRYSTAL was headed.  Or maybe it was just prepping the crowd  for SDAminister to take his next round of shots.

In light of this, I guess what I would ask Danny Shelton would be "Did the community appreciate the donation to the sports program?".
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2008, 04:24:18 AM »

Almost as ridiuculous as some of the things you have posted about me. BTW, I notice you still haven't reponded to my post. Not surprising, really. A lot of people cower and hide when confronted with their own wrongdoing.
All this "I think, I've heard, I'm told" nonsense from your crowd is wearing thin. You know exactly what happened.

Sam, you don't air something "for the community" by uplinking to satellite. Your argument is absurd.

Ask around Thompsonville and West Frankfort and see how much "good PR" 3ABN has in the area. I dare you.
That remans to be seen. The very fact that you are on here defending it raises my suspicions.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2008, 07:12:10 AM »

Almost as ridiuculous as some of the things you have posted about me. BTW, I notice you still haven't reponded to my post. Not surprising, really. A lot of people cower and hide when confronted with their own wrongdoing.

Is this what Bob could be doing instead of answering

All this "I think, I've heard, I'm told" nonsense from your crowd is wearing thin. You know exactly what happened.

Isn't this exactly what Bob has done concerning his "confidential' statement involving Jim Gilley? Someone told him ,the someone cannot be named as it is confidential.

That remans to be seen. The very fact that you are on here defending it raises my suspicions.

Is it correct that with suspicions now raised you did not have a firm reason to believe this was true before?
[/quote]

CRYSTAL

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2008, 07:59:06 AM »

In recording and airing these high school girls sports games on satellite, maybe the Director thought that by providing exposure of someone's athleticism, that would entitle him to some reward.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2008, 08:18:37 AM »

In recording and airing these high school girls sports games on satellite, maybe the Director thought that by providing exposure of someone's athleticism, that would entitle him to some reward.

Why the maybes.  What is the motivation for speculating?

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2008, 08:27:55 AM »

So now you are taking the story up a notch by inferring that there was a specific athlete that the Director had designs on.  Yet, you have not given any basic facts to those here who don't know the situation.

Without supporting facts, your motivation still appears to be attempting to create provocative speculation about the Director's actions, and now even the motivation behind them.  Yesterday, a poster said the following to Bonnie:

"oh so now you know what motivated CRYSTAL to post what she did?   Have you crawled into her brain?  huge lol!  I don't think so!!"

With a few changes, that statement better applies to your posts, IMO:

"oh so now you know what motivated the Director to do what he did?   Have you crawled into his brain?  huge lol!  I don't think so!!"

Are you going to continue to titillate the audience with inferences or do you have something real to report?

??? ?? ??? ?? ????

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2008, 11:10:43 AM »

Is this what Bob could be doing instead of answering

You'll have to ask Bob. He doesn't clear his posts through me.

Isn't this exactly what Bob has done concerning his "confidential' statement involving Jim Gilley? Someone told him ,the someone cannot be named as it is confidential.

No. What I'm talking about is people saying "I've been told" or "from what I understand" when you know full well they have the details. Very tiresome.

Is it correct that with suspicions now raised you did not have a firm reason to believe this was true before?

No. I always wondered about it, but it's even more suspect now with all that has come to light.
[/quote]
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

CRYSTAL

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2008, 03:45:04 PM »

Some persons have proclivities. It could be one thing, it could be many things. It may be many things leading to one thing, or one thing leading to many things.

Do we ever know for sure?

CRYSTAL

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2008, 09:39:25 PM »

Some proclivities are healthy pursuits. They can lead into character-building career paths. Such as athletics.

Other proclivities can be destructive. These are often stealthily masked by the undertaker as good intentions or favors.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38   Go Up