Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evolution at La Sierra?  (Read 23679 times)

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: Evolution at La Sierra?
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »

I will simply state that Mr Greer has clearly abrogated Adventism, the Seventh-day Sabbath and the entire Fundemental Beliefs...simply put, he is not a Seventh-day Adventist and should be put through the Matthew 18 process. If he is not repentant then he MUST be disfellowshipped.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 07:35:47 PM »

because they fill a seat in a pew does not make them a seventh-day Adventist and we would clearly be better of if they would simply take theior stand for truth or error and act accordingly. Where is the integrity in filling a pew for social purposes and deny their Savior and the Faith?

They need to go get their own pew and show some integrity. I applaud those who recognized their non-interest in the faith and took a clear step to seperate from the brotherhood of Faith.

I have pure contempt for those who cling to a paycheck and a pension and live a hypocrisy, just as much as I have contempt for Danny Lee Shelton, et al. There is no difference between these traitors in the Faith and hypocrits such as Danny Lee Shelton.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

I went to an Adventist school that taught creationist theory, and stirictly adhered to traditional Adventist doctrine in the most conservative fashion. Statistically a much greater percentage of the graduates from that school have not only left the church, but left Christianity entirely, than La Sierra.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2011, 07:49:45 PM »

"FAITH" is the entire answer!!! You either have Faith or you do not...no Faith, you cannot cling to the unique message of the Seventh-day Adventist Church...Faith and Study are connected...study false theology and erroneous teachings and you become what you read. Study and cling  to the Bible and the "lesser light" and Faith will become absolute and Resolute. The beauty of the interlocking message and theology, when properly studied,  brings absolute Faith in the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy and the Saviour that gave us this special message and we must cling resolutely to that Faith lest we be on the outside looking in!!!

The Bereans found the answer..."study to show theyself approved..." and you are what you study!!!
If you lack FAITH, you need to promptly change your lifestyle and immerse yourself in the message given to the Seventh-day Adventist church lest your very sould be at stake!!!

There are troubling times ahead and anyone who reads their Bible and The spirit of Prophecy recognizes where we are and where we are headed...now we need to dedicate even more time studying those specail messages put one precept upon another and asking God's divine leadership as we study that we be not turned aside from the Faith...this is quickly moving to the time of Jacobs Trouble and FAITH WILL BE THE KEY TO VICTORY.

Either Find and Have FAITH or recognize just how sandy the soil is that we stand upon and know that one cannot withstand the storm ahead.

ANd we should return to our foundational "Yours in the Blessed Faith"!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

George, I tend to believe that this is generational...beginning to Baby Boomers.  When you present something as total truth to us, it had better be total truth.  We cannot find some fault in your teaching, and then you have no answer for the inaccuracies found.

With Adventism, as well as other religions, we have settled for conformity, teaching in our schools, encouraging it in our churches.  It ismuch easier not to have a ot of free-thinking folks with questions running around.  The problem is that the inaccuracies in our teachings hit them in them face the moment they step outside that "controlled" environment, and "we just have to have faith" is not always the answer. In fact it is most often not the answer.  The other unfortunate consequence is that people often make real life decsions based on information taught them as total truth.  Far too many have found that they have simply missed out on extraordinary once in a life time opportunities. 

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2011, 07:54:05 PM »

Since fossils are only found in sedimentary rock and sedimentary rock can't be dated the fossils are dated approximately by dating over and under lying layers of igneous (volcanic) rock.

Thanks for that tidbit. I was unaware of that.

Erv IS ATODAY ....

My understanding is that he isn't anymore. He's still there, but he isn't executive publisher.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2011, 08:03:32 PM »

I went to an Adventist school that taught creationist theory, and stirictly adhered to traditional Adventist doctrine in the most conservative fashion. Statistically a much greater percentage of the graduates from that school have not only left the church, but left Christianity entirely, than La Sierra.

Can you give the name of the school and the reference for the statistics.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2011, 08:05:15 PM »

A friend in charge of pastoral training in one of the world divisions assures me that most theologians in our Church are firm believers in the 6-day creation which is our official stand and teaching.

I've heard otherwise, but that would apply only to the North American Division.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2011, 08:57:55 PM »

Erv IS ATODAY ....

My understanding is that he isn't anymore. He's still there, but he isn't executive publisher.

And Clinton is no longer President anymore, but when Bill Speaks, they listen!!! When ERV speaks, everyone at AToday listens!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2011, 06:31:38 PM »

I forgot to mention that ERV TAYLor is still on the Editorial Team and is a Blog Editor as well. He is an ever present force and one committed to undermining the Faith.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Erv IS ATODAY ....

And Clinton is no longer President anymore, but when Bill Speaks, they listen!!! When ERV speaks, everyone at AToday listens!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2011, 04:07:38 PM »

GJ, it takes discernment to know when to apply faith.  Some questions have very good answers, you don't need faith when you have the answer, with it being "the evidence of things unseen".  I believe we misuse faith when we are supposed know the answer and don't.   

Then there are things  that have been represented as biblical, but aren't, and we claim that you just need faith to believe them.  These things have a lot more to do with conformity within church culture, and less to do with biblical principle.  God asks for our faith, GJ, He gave us five senes and a brain, He definitely doesn't expect stupidity or continued, neverending, blissful ignorance.  Remember the Bible says to study......that takes using our brains.

"FAITH" is the entire answer!!! You either have Faith or you do not...no Faith, you cannot cling to the unique message of the Seventh-day Adventist Church...Faith and Study are connected...study false theology and erroneous teachings and you become what you read. Study and cling  to the Bible and the "lesser light" and Faith will become absolute and Resolute. The beauty of the interlocking message and theology, when properly studied,  brings absolute Faith in the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy and the Saviour that gave us this special message and we must cling resolutely to that Faith lest we be on the outside looking in!!!

The Bereans found the answer..."study to show theyself approved..." and you are what you study!!!
If you lack FAITH, you need to promptly change your lifestyle and immerse yourself in the message given to the Seventh-day Adventist church lest your very sould be at stake!!!

There are troubling times ahead and anyone who reads their Bible and The spirit of Prophecy recognizes where we are and where we are headed...now we need to dedicate even more time studying those specail messages put one precept upon another and asking God's divine leadership as we study that we be not turned aside from the Faith...this is quickly moving to the time of Jacobs Trouble and FAITH WILL BE THE KEY TO VICTORY.

Either Find and Have FAITH or recognize just how sandy the soil is that we stand upon and know that one cannot withstand the storm ahead.

ANd we should return to our foundational "Yours in the Blessed Faith"!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

George, I tend to believe that this is generational...beginning to Baby Boomers.  When you present something as total truth to us, it had better be total truth.  We cannot find some fault in your teaching, and then you have no answer for the inaccuracies found.

With Adventism, as well as other religions, we have settled for conformity, teaching in our schools, encouraging it in our churches.  It ismuch easier not to have a ot of free-thinking folks with questions running around.  The problem is that the inaccuracies in our teachings hit them in them face the moment they step outside that "controlled" environment, and "we just have to have faith" is not always the answer. In fact it is most often not the answer.  The other unfortunate consequence is that people often make real life decsions based on information taught them as total truth.  Far too many have found that they have simply missed out on extraordinary once in a life time opportunities. 

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2011, 08:40:02 PM »

The use of that Brain and our senses should not lead to the abrogation of the Foundation of Our Faith, very specifically, the ENTIRE BIBLE and the SPIRIT OF PROPHECY.

Humanism relies upon intellect and our own proud conclusions and when these collide with the Biblical record and results in the abbrogation of that Foundation, you are on sand and will be washed away with the first storm.

Denial of Faith will result in denial of the Truth in exchange for the theories and sophistries of man and will lead to into hell and damnation...the Bible Tells me so!!! And I BELIEVE IT, unwaveringly and with resolute FAITH.

I plead with you to do the same that you not be on the wrong side of that wall at the end of the Millenium.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
Gailon Arthur

Johann

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2011, 01:46:28 AM »

Eminent Scientists Present on Creation and Intelligent Design at Newbold College

20 September 2011 Bracknell, United Kingdom [tedNEWS] “If your DNA was stretched out into a line it would reach to the moon and back 8,000 times” was one of the fascinating facts with which Dr Alastair Noble peppered his lecture in the Moor Close Chapel of Newbold College on 17 September 2011.

Dr Noble, a former research chemist who is also a lay preacher and church elder in the Evangelical Brethren Church, is the Director of the recently formed Centre for Intelligent Design based in Glasgow. He conveyed how the complexity of DNA with its ‘information rich system’ thrills and excites him and gives him an insight into the mind of God. He contends that living systems look designed – because they are designed.

His conclusions backed up the contentions of Professor John Walton that DNA sequencing has uprooted Darwin’s ‘Tree of Life’ and proved that homology is not evidence of common descent. “Life” he said, “could not have originated by random chemical combinations.” Professor Walton conceded that there have been  mutations in animal life, but that in 150 years one species has not changed into another.

Professor Walton (a former Newbold College Board member), is Research Professor of Chemistry at Andrews University and has published over 270 research articles in learned journals as well as writing three books. Both men were invited by Adventist-laymen’s Services and Industries (ASI-UK) to conduct this Creation Seminar and those who filled Moor Close Chapel at Newbold College to overflowing were informed by the cogent facts presented that we are indeed ‘fearfully and wonderfully made.’ Both men testified to their faith in the great Creator God and both have demonstrated that they are not afraid to challenge widely held views on ‘natural selection.’

In thanking Professor Walton and Dr Noble for their excellent presentations ASI-UK President, Jim Cunningham, said that all had been informed and inspired and the knowledge gained should challenge us to renew our efforts to ‘Share Christ in the Market Place.’ [tedNEWS]

tedNEWS Staff: Miroslav Pujic, director; Deana Stojkovic, editor
 119 St Peter's Street, St Albans, Herts, AL1 3EY, England
 E-mail: tednews@ted-adventist.org

tedNEWS is an information bulletin issued by the communication department of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the Trans-European Division.
 You are free to re-print any portion of the bulletin without need for special permission. However, we kindly request that you identify tedNEWS whenever you publish these materials.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up