Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Subpoena Issued for Advent Talk Information  (Read 52417 times)

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
Re: Subpoena Issued for Advent Talk Information
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2008, 04:37:14 PM »

Now folks, be careful. BlueHost has great service and great tech support.

And read this: http://helpdesk.bluehost.com/kb/index.php?x=&mod_id=2&id=279

So compliment them profusely as well as express your concerns.
I don't know about complimenting them "profusely." ;) That's hardly my style.

However, we can express appreciation for the service that seems to have been reliable. We can also express appreciation for the stand they took in the document above. Then we can express the confident hope that they will do their utmost to protect our privacy and not comply with a frivolous subpoena without protest.

If they require a court injunction to release information, that would be a lot safer for us.

I haven't posted at the BlueHost forum yet because the BlackSDA forum seems to be down, and Gregory posted some helpful legal terminology in his post there.

BlackSDA seems to be fine now (for me anyway).
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2008, 04:37:54 PM »

What do your pastors think about 3ABN and Danny Shelton trying to find out about your identities? How about your conference presidents? Your elders? Your fellow members? Jim Gilley?

I think it would be interesting for you folks to post whatever survey results you come up with.

Praise God we live in a free country.

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2008, 04:58:27 PM »

Does anybody know a way to contact Jim Gilley directly (as opposed to a generic 3ABN line)?

If so, please post it here.

Thanks.
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2008, 06:33:31 PM »

I'll let someone else try to find that and post it.

Another thought: What about calling up your conference religious liberty department and telling them you appreciate their hard work and you love supporting religious liberty and ... you have this little problem. Can they help?

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2008, 09:43:29 AM »

If the following is true from another topic here....
  not be sued for libel ...but I seem to recall hearing (or reading??) somewhere (maybe BSDA?) that Stan Jensen was already cooperating with the lawsuit and had turned over his Club Adventist access logs to DS/3ABN attorneys.  IF that is true.....wouldn't that explain why he says "we are not going to be [served]?"

I would hope at the least that Daryl would confirm for posters here that he has in fact willingly turned over private information to 3ABN. It is not meant as a critisim if he does, it could be very costly to fight. However I think members do deserve to know that it doesn't take much for their personal information to be demanded and possibly legally received.

Mine has always been out there for the taking, and if in fact Stan has already furnished the info, nothing of mine will read any differently. There are others that may not feel as I do and really deserve to know if this is what is taking place.

How much information against those that have agitated the powers that be on other forums been willingly and easily passed to those that may ask, or is it just DS that deserves to be handed this info.

If you look at the posts by childoftheking,myself and a couple of others and realize how easily that prompts putting those names on a subpoena list, I feel for others.

You all may want to consider what forums you post at and how secure your information really is, if you are not among the elite and favored of any forum
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

inga

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2008, 10:25:43 AM »

You all may want to consider what forums you post at and how secure your information really is, if you are not among the elite and favored of any forum
In this case it has nothing to do with being "the elite and favored" of a forum. The subpoena is addressed to the hosting company -- perhaps because they know that whoever owns this forum is likely to fight a subpoena.

However, for those who need to keep their identity hidden, it is important not to put it in emails or in PM's on the forum. Material in emails can be recovered from hard drive, and PM's are likely to be in the forum back-up, even if they are deleted. Whenever possible, a direct phone call is much safer for transmitting sensitive information.

In this case I'm most concerned for Sister. Of those on the list, she has the most to lose. And it wouldn't surprise me if the rest of us were on the list merely for "filler." After all, what can Danny possibly do to us/get from us. The only thing he could do would be to harass us for pure spite. Of course that may not be beyond him.  :dunno:
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 10:32:46 AM »

In this case it has nothing to do with being "the elite and favored" of a forum. The subpoena is addressed to the hosting company -- perhaps because they know that whoever owns this forum is likely to fight a subpoena.

However, for those who need to keep their identity hidden, it is important not to put it in emails or in PM's on the forum. Material in emails can be recovered from hard drive, and PM's are likely to be in the forum back-up, even if they are deleted. Whenever possible, a direct phone call is much safer for transmitting sensitive information.

In this case I'm most concerned for Sister. Of those on the list, she has the most to lose. And it wouldn't surprise me if the rest of us were on the list merely for "filler." After all, what can Danny possibly do to us/get from us. The only thing he could do would be to harass us for pure spite. Of course that may not be beyond him.  :dunno:

I was in no way referring to "favored" on this forum as to their information.

If it is true that another forum has already voluntarily released information on any of it's members, who and when.
Did they do so for only a select few?? Did they notify those select few of their actions?

AND, I repeat, it was not meant as a critisim of advent talk or daryl. Legal fights can be a costly business. But I do think if those decisions are made the members, or at least those involved need to be notified.

You are right, I do think they are fishing.
But along with the good advice you provided, I have learned over the past 6 years to keep a printed copy of everything that I am involved with.
Lot easier than having to pay to retrieve information on what I may have said, and just as importantly what others have said.
I also print off a response as I see it as many times the responses are changed to reflect a subtle but important difference in content.
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2008, 10:44:35 AM »

Quote from: bonnie
I would hope at the least that Daryl would confirm for posters here that he has in fact willingly turned over private information to 3ABN.
Nothing to confirm as nothing has been requested of me and nothing has been turned over by me.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2008, 10:49:35 AM »

I didn't believe that you had at this point turned over anything.
From the  sounds of this, they bypassed you and did not request or demand from you personally.
If the information has already been turned over by other forums without a forum being served by a subpoena, that is a little different.

inga

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2008, 11:08:25 AM »

Hey, I want to get on that list!   If I say "Danny Sheldon is a JERK" would they sue me too?
Well, JR, if you want to get on Danny's 'hit list,' I suggest you back up what you said with some evidence.  ;) He does not appreciate that -- as demonstrated by his suing Gailon and Bob. It need not be hidden evidence. Public evidence will do -- even arguments that demonstrate the flaws in 3ABN/Danny rhetoric. Some of your other posts have shown that you're no slacker at coming up with details. ;)
 FWIW   His former wife....is, IMO a sweet Christian lady....   she should be happy to have gotten rid of such a JERK!
Most of us probably agree with you. She was most likely so absorbed in what she/they were doing that she didn't notice the red flags before it was too late.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2008, 11:31:49 AM »

Interesting, Inga. Call him names like what JR just did, and he might let you off. But produce documents and alleged victims and alleged witnesses, and you are in big trouble.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2008, 12:07:02 PM »

Fran, have you considered sending your financial findings to Senator Grassley's office?

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2008, 12:43:19 PM »

Already did.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2008, 02:59:26 PM »

Good for you, Fran!!  Maybe we should all contact him!  Here's the info:

http://grassley.senate.gov/public/

Sen. Chuck Grassley
135 Hart Senate Bldg.
Washington, DC
20510-1501

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2008, 07:45:02 PM »

In this case I'm most concerned for Sister. Of those on the list, she has the most to lose. And it wouldn't surprise me if the rest of us were on the list merely for "filler." After all, what can Danny possibly do to us/get from us. The only thing he could do would be to harass us for pure spite. Of course that may not be beyond him:dunno:

Inga, thank you for your concern... When I read the list for the Subpoena I came to the same conclusion: although names other than my own were listed, some of them have posted little or nothing of consequent regarding Danny Shelton and others have openly posted under their own names. It appears that I have joined Joy and Pickle and together we, including the others who may still be sought, have become the image of Moby Dick to Danny's Captain Ahab. In time it will become evident to everyone that the lawsuit Danny has initiated is akin to Captain Ahad's relentless persuit of a perceived adversary: the goal is not the persuit of justice, but to exact revenge.

The other day I spoke with a dear friend that had recently seen Danny, this was what that individual said regarding their encounter:

"Danny seemed so small and broken. I wondered how I could have ever been afraid of that little man, he is little more than skin and bones. It was actually rather sad in a way. He is not the Danny I knew. Just a broken, vindictive little man, nothing more. Not the frightening, powerful, life changing creature that he once was. I am actually embarrassed that he intimidated and scared me like he did, and that he was able to affect me so powerfully, when he is such a pathetic little thing. It is almost sad to see someone like him be the little nothing that he is now. The great oz! But now his day is over, and he is seen for who he is... "

Behold the once mighty OZ, see him for what he has become...

Sister

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up