Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Subpoena Issued for Advent Talk Information  (Read 52412 times)

Gregory

• Veteran Member
Subpoena Issued for Advent Talk Information
« on: March 11, 2008, 02:23:27 AM »

On March 4, 2008, Jerrie M. Hayes, acting on behalf of 3-ABN and Danny Shelton caused a subpoena to be issued to Bluehost, Inc. of Orem, UT demanding records and information relating to some 14 pepole who had posted on Advent Talk.   Blue Host is the Web host for Advent Talk.  As of the latest information that I have, Blue Host has not yet been properly served with the subpoena.  That is expected to be effected shortly.  I am one of those people about whom they desire information.  I telephoned Mr. Hayes late last night and left him a telephone message.  In that message I left him an e-mail address for me and told him that if he wanted to talk to me he could contact me at that e-mail address.  I am going to attempt to post the subpoena below. 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 04:04:46 AM by Gregory »

Gregory

• Veteran Member
Re: Subpoena Issued for Advent Talk Information
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 02:30:33 AM »

I seem to not know how to post the subponea.

The following 14 peopole are listed in the subponea:

Child of the king
Chrissie
Inga
Artiste
Sonshineonme
Daryl Fawcett
Sister
Johann
Ozzie
Gregory
Snoopy
Soul Expresso
Bonnie
Fran
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 04:04:05 AM by Gregory »

Johann

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 03:46:12 AM »

We have long known that the Children of God will be brought before courts. We did not know that such things would be initiated by the founder of an Adventist Ministry. The Lord has promised that He is still with us, and he will sustain us and give us what is needed in such trials.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 07:22:39 AM »

We have long known that the Children of God will be brought before courts. We did not know that such things would be initiated by the founder of an Adventist Ministry. The Lord has promised that He is still with us, and he will sustain us and give us what is needed in such trials.

Daddy always told me to never fear those without, it is those within. He explained "christians" going after christians as
"When the christians begin eating the lions, it is time to watch out"
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 10:49:40 AM »

Well, if nothing else the announcement generated a lot of interest. 66 hits in the short time since posted.
  If they want to fish in my pond for information, I hope they have the foresight to bring a lunch. :ROFL:
This pond is pretty empty
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 11:47:00 AM »

It's an intimidation technique, plain and simple.

It's a list of top posters, with some conspicuous omissions (in brackets below). These are the current top posters as listed in the statistics page.

1 Daryl Fawcett
2 Johann
3 Chrissie
4 Artiste
5 [Gailon]
6 Ozzie
7 [Bob Pickle]
8 Snoopy
9 Inga
10 Bonnie
11 Sister
12 [GrandmaNettie]
13 [JR Layman]
14 [ImaAnt]
15 [Hakim]
16 Sonshineonme
17 Soul Expresso
18 [Patsi]
19 [Dillon]
20 Fran
25 Gregory
31 Child of the king

Note that Gailon and Bob are already being sued, thus not listed. Sonshineonme, Soul Expresso, Fran and Gregory really haven't posted much (far down on the list), but they are known from BlackSDA.

Some in the frequent poster list have only recently joined us, or they've written little about 3ABN. Some may have registered after February 13, which is the last date anyone on the list registered. (It's reasonable to assume it took 2 weeks to get the subpoena ready.)

Others are clearly on the 3ABN side, and one of them may be the source of this interesting list. (Is my information correct that these stats are not available to lurkers?)

The really surprising poster on the list "childoftheking" with only three posts -- all of them innocuous. Perhaps its the inquiry about PayPal, suggesting financial support, that made this poster qualify for the list?

This is a downright dirty, nasty move, and a transparent attempt to silence posters.

I'm also wondering what is necessary on a subpoena to make it legal to invade the privacy of citizens? Can anyone just capriciously demand personal information without good reason?

Perhaps we have reached an important milestone? This board is recognized as having significant influence in the great scheme of things?? :dunno:
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

inga

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 11:54:07 AM »

If nothing else, this provides new material to publish on the many versions of the original save3abn.com web sites.  ;D
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

J.R. Layman

• Adventist for Tomorrow
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 12:56:09 PM »

Hey, I want to get on that list!   If I say "Danny Sheldon is a JERK" would they sue me too?   FWIW   His former wife....is, IMO a sweet Christian lady....   she should be happy to have gotten rid of such a JERK!
I'm  live in West Tejas, but I'm NOT a redneck!  if you don't like that, big deal!  I own GUNS and Rottweillers!   I'm a Vietnam Combat Veteran of the 11th Armored Cavalry Regt.  And FWIW......I'm not impressed by a whole lot of people I meet on the Internet!  I'm also a PK.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 01:02:11 PM »

I don't think the object is to want to get on the list. I think this list is meant to intimidate,not to want to take part.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 01:35:19 PM »

Well, if nothing else the announcement generated a lot of interest. 66 hits in the short time since posted.
  If they want to fish in my pond for information, I hope they have the foresight to bring a lunch. :ROFL:
This pond is pretty empty

My fish are dead, so they'll be wasting time there too.  :ROFL:

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 01:49:10 PM »

Maybe they were having a slack day at the office and needed something to do.  :scratch: Desperate people do desperate things. Seems like DS is really grasping at straws here.

Poor man. I guess we should be feeling sorry for such a person who can find nothing better to do than to try to identify 'posters' to various Discussion groups. He also needs our prayers as this just demonstrates how sick spiritually, he is, that he (+3abn) would waste more of donors hard earned $s in attempts to go after other Christians.  :praying: Wonder what his excuse will be this time?

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 02:02:39 PM »

Maybe they were having a slack day at the office and needed something to do.  :scratch: Desperate people do desperate things. Seems like DS is really grasping at straws here.

Poor man. I guess we should be feeling sorry for such a person who can find nothing better to do than to try to identify 'posters' to various Discussion groups. He also needs our prayers as this just demonstrates how sick spiritually, he is, that he (+3abn) would waste more of donors hard earned $s in attempts to go after other Christians.  :praying: Wonder what his excuse will be this time?

Guess I am a little dumbfounded. I have never hidden, everyone knows where to find me. Maybe if they asked I would have re-affirmed that information for them instead of them playing L.A. law at donors expense.

Can someone explain why this would be honored. "I don't like what is said, and now I will try force to get your private information" I have never seen DS or 3ABN threatened so what is the big deal. If they "feel someone has slandered or libeled them,why go after so many. Unless of course simple dislike and a opinion of what you read and hear from 3ABN probably is considered libel
Maybe we should all begin to genuflect before posting least we annoy or irritate those that think they are above critisim

inga

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 02:24:11 PM »

Bonnie, I don't believe that DS & 3ABN are trying to get information from us. If they did, they know where to find a number of us.

However Danny (aka AppleTree) and his supporters have, for months, hinted at law suits aimed at various posters. This is a "shot across the bow" of those posters to "cease and desist." The threat is that if we do not, we will find ourselves at the wrong end of a law suit.

The law suit need not have any merit whatsoever. However, it costs money to defend oneself against various frivolous charges and motions -- as Joy and Pickle are experiencing.

This is the classic way by which the rich and powerful regularly abuse the (relatively) poor and powerless.

I find it interesting that the subpoena is to be served to BlueHost, who presumably have no real interest to oppose the subpoena. Are they afraid that if they served the owner of the domain name or the web site, they might run into some opposition.

However, we can let BlueHost know that if they do not oppose a subpoena served for frivolous reasons, we will let the hosting community know about this. In my next post, I will post relevant contact information.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 02:44:14 PM by inga »

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 02:28:05 PM »

Bonnie, I don't believe that DS & 3ABN are trying to get information from us. If they did, they know where to find a number of us.

However Danny (aka AppleTree) and his supporters have, for months, hinted at law suits aimed at various posters. This is a "shot across the bow" of those posters to "cease and desist." The threat is that if we do not, we will find ourselves at the wrong end of a law suit.

The law suit need not have any merit whatsoever. However, it costs money to defend oneself against various frivolous charges and motions -- as Joy and Pickle are experiencing.

This is the classic way by which the rich and powerful regularly abuse the (relatively) poor and powerless.

I find it interesting that the subpoena is to be served to BlueHost, who presumably have no real interest to oppose the subpoena. Are they afraid that if they served the owner of the domain name or the web site, they might run into some opposition.

However, we can let BlueHost know that if they do not oppose a subpoena served for frivolous reasons, we will let the hosting community know about this. In my next post, I will post relevant contact information.

Sounds like a great idea. Hope all contact Blue Host. I will as soon as your information is posted

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 02:41:34 PM »

So, any of you going to oppose the subpoena in the courts? Going to try to get in on the deposition?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up