Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the Seventh-day Adventist Church's Relationship to 3ABN?  (Read 40452 times)

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: What is the Seventh-day Adventist Church's Relationship to 3ABN?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »

"What are they concerned about?" Artiste

THE TRUTH!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2008, 05:28:41 PM »

It is frustrating when purportedly Seventh-day Adventist congregations or their "pastors" opt out of any appearance by Linda Sue Shelton. Does being neutral mean that 3ABN or James Gilley gets in anywhere, but Linda, the victim, is excluded? Sounds like serious discrepancy that must be corrected.

Gailon Arthur Joy

That is not 'neutral' in my book Gailon. Is this currently happening? If so, where?  ???

I feel quite nauseated at times when I hear people speaking of DS and 3abn like that is the ticket to heaven. How can people be so blind? Then again, it's quite true to say that there are none so blind, as those who do not want to see.

And would you like to count the number? I have a file that is filling fast as we investigate and track the source of the objections.

Gailon Arthur Joy

WOW!

Do we have a 'smilie' to depict that expression?

reader

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2008, 11:20:04 PM »

All of this is enough to make one very sad or even cry. There are so many that know nothing about our loving Lord, and so much time and money has to be spent to to repair wrongful damage to many people. No matter what a person felt about Linda's TV image,  no one should be put through what she has gone through.  How the church workers can aid those trying to destroy her and her witness is almost unthinkable; how can lives controlled by love do such actions without any factual information???? It seems to me that self-sacrificing love is the only motive for those who are yielded to Jesus.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2008, 12:06:04 AM »

All of this is enough to make one very sad or even cry. There are so many that know nothing about our loving Lord, and so much time and money has to be spent to to repair wrongful damage to many people. No matter what a person felt about Linda's TV image,  no one should be put through what she has gone through.  How the church workers can aid those trying to destroy her and her witness is almost unthinkable; how can lives controlled by love do such actions without any factual information???? It seems to me that self-sacrificing love is the only motive for those who are yielded to Jesus.

One wonders how they sleep well at night. One cannot help but wonder also, just what lengths people will go to, to protect themselves during the 'time of trouble', if they are prepared to sacrifice people and reputations at this time of so-called peace.

Johann

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2008, 04:33:18 AM »

Witch doctors issue unbelievable sleeping  medications these days.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2008, 12:06:12 PM »

While looking to see if there is anything new over at http://www.save-3abn.com I came across the following relative to this topic:

http://www.save-3abn.com/3abn-board-walt-thompson-non-denominational-not-affiliated.htm

Lorraine

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2008, 11:47:28 AM »

What is the Seventh-day Church's relationship to 3ABN?

Does the Seventh-day Adventist Church both see and accept 3ABN as a supporting ministry of the church?
My question is, in spite of the new leadership, the old leadership is still appearing on the program much to the dismay of those who thought that 3ABN was returning to honesty and open communication with their listeners.  Thus, one SDA observer of all that has happened to 3ABN, and who is quite capable of donating generously to any SDA Organization who they think worthy, has asked me to find out if Danny Shelton is still being supported in anyway or being paid a salary from donations being given by donaters to 3ABN.  I hope that someone can help him with this.  Any one knows?  Money will not be donated by earnest SDA if they do not know how much of this is being paid or given in other ways to Danny Shelton and the Shelton Family.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2008, 11:59:50 AM »

Hi Lorraine!  Welcome to AdventTalk!!

While I cannot answer your questions specifically, have you or your friend had a chance to review the property tax case along with its appeals?  The case has been heard at least three times now, with each court finding that 3ABN has NOT been able to prove they are not operating with "a view to profit" (I know that was a double negative!!)  I think one even went so far as to say that Danny Shelton had no credibility with them.  And, are you aware of the IRS criminal investigation into the situation?  I have made the personal decision NOT to donate anything to 3ABN until these issues are resolved.  There are two other wonderful SDA television stations out there - Hope and LLBN - as well as many other great ministries to donate to!!  But that's just my opinion.  I don't want to get sued!!

Snoopy

Does the Seventh-day Adventist Church both see and accept 3ABN as a supporting ministry of the church?

My question is, in spite of the new leadership, the old leadership is still appearing on the program much to the dismay of those who thought that 3ABN was returning to honesty and open communication with their listeners.  Thus, one SDA observer of all that has happened to 3ABN, and who is quite capable of donating generously to any SDA Organization who they think worthy, has asked me to find out if Danny Shelton is still being supported in anyway or being paid a salary from donations being given by donaters to 3ABN.  I hope that someone can help him with this.  Any one knows?  Money will not be donated by earnest SDA if they do not know how much of this is being paid or given in other ways to Danny Shelton and the Shelton Family.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2008, 12:38:16 PM »

Thus, one SDA observer of all that has happened to 3ABN, and who is quite capable of donating generously to any SDA Organization who they think worthy, has asked me to find out if Danny Shelton is still being supported in anyway or being paid a salary from donations being given by donaters to 3ABN.  I hope that someone can help him with this.  Any one knows?  Money will not be donated by earnest SDA if they do not know how much of this is being paid or given in other ways to Danny Shelton and the Shelton Family.

The official word from 3ABN has been that Danny is a consultant, and I am fairly certain that means he is still on the payroll.

More than that, 3ABN gave Danny around 40 acres of land last fall, we were told by sources loyal to him. However, when the deed was finally recorded at the courthouse, only in his name, which raises yet more questions since he is supposed to be a married man, the 48 acres were, according to the paperwork, bought by Danny for $2000 an acre.

Someone who knows real estate down there told me they thought that land should be worth $5000 an acre. I'm not a real estate expert so I can't say.

One other thing your friend ought to consider is what use they would want their donation to 3ABN to go for.

• 3ABN has hired lawyers to write nasty letters to non-Adventists in order to silence their concerns about child molestation.
  • 3ABN has hired lawyers to sue public school districts and the IL Dept. of Rev.
  • 3ABN has hired lawyers to sue two Adventists because they spoke up about their concerns about what is going on.
  • 3ABN has presumably hired lawyers to fight the race/sex discrimination/retaliation complaint filed against them in California and with the EEOC.
  • 3ABN has presumably hired lawyers to fight the IRS criminal investigation.

Do folks want their donations going to pay lawyers? What guarantee is there that that won't happen?

Better yet, does anyone know how the annual legal expenses right now compare to the annual jet expenses?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2008, 12:48:26 PM »

And don't forget, 3ABN has hired lawyers to try to track down and intimidate individuals just for having an opinion and stating it on a public forum!!

roxe

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2008, 07:46:25 PM »

Thanks, Gailon, for those wonderful SOP quotes. Have you seen this one??

There are many in the church who at heart belong to the world, but God calls upon those who claim to believe the advanced truth, to rise above the present attitude of the popular churches of today. Where is the self-denial, where is the cross-bearing that Christ has said should characterize His followers? The reason we have had so little influence upon unbelieving relatives and associates is that we have manifested little decided difference in our practices from those of the world. Parents need to awake, and purify their souls by practicing the truth in their home life. When we reach the standard that the Lord would have us reach, worldlings will regard Seventh-day Adventists as odd, singular, strait-laced extremists. "We are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men."  {FE 289.1}

It seems to me that not only worldlings but SDA church members will be regarding all who follow Jesus closely as "odd, singular, strait-laced extremists." I've become an outcast since protesting leavening used in the bread on the Communion Table; plus refusing a church elders' immoral advances. Ozzie, I understand just how it feels... but I won't keep my mouth shut either! Since when do our feelings have anything to do with how we stand for Truth??

I pray every day to become even more of an "odd, singular, strait-laced extremist"; and filled with the love of Jesus.

------------------------------

I remember a posting on BSDA when someone expressed sorrow and grief about the actions that had been so far revealed...
and someone else stated that "we haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg yet!!"

Each time something else comes out into the light, I keep wondering how deep this cesspool really is.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2008, 08:54:48 PM »

The only thing that seems to have changed is the designation from President to Consultant. He is said to still be still paid and seems to manage much of the dya to day operations with Mollie Steenson when he is not working on the new house and farm facility.

Of particular concern is: what is the plan for corporate progression in the event Elder James Gilley leaves for any reason?

Some believe that there is growing resistance to the Gilley Presidency by old leadership. It will take time to build enough new people that have loyalty to other than DLS and Mollie.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2008, 08:59:57 PM »

And don't forget, 3ABN has hired lawyers to try to track down and intimidate individuals just for having an opinion and stating it on a public forum!!

And what a proud moment...those people have taken a stand and have intimidated right back. Keep up the intimidatingly great work!!! In fact, while they are running, chase them down...make certain they understand they will be met on every level to defend and offend when appropriate.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2008, 09:02:57 PM »

Thanks, Gailon, for those wonderful SOP quotes. Have you seen this one??

There are many in the church who at heart belong to the world, but God calls upon those who claim to believe the advanced truth, to rise above the present attitude of the popular churches of today. Where is the self-denial, where is the cross-bearing that Christ has said should characterize His followers? The reason we have had so little influence upon unbelieving relatives and associates is that we have manifested little decided difference in our practices from those of the world. Parents need to awake, and purify their souls by practicing the truth in their home life. When we reach the standard that the Lord would have us reach, worldlings will regard Seventh-day Adventists as odd, singular, strait-laced extremists. "We are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men."  {FE 289.1}

It seems to me that not only worldlings but SDA church members will be regarding all who follow Jesus closely as "odd, singular, strait-laced extremists." I've become an outcast since protesting leavening used in the bread on the Communion Table; plus refusing a church elders' immoral advances. Ozzie, I understand just how it feels... but I won't keep my mouth shut either! Since when do our feelings have anything to do with how we stand for Truth??

I pray every day to become even more of an "odd, singular, strait-laced extremist"; and filled with the love of Jesus.

I remember a posting on BSDA when someone expressed sorrow and grief about the actions that had been so far revealed...
and someone else stated that "we haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg yet!!"

Each time something else comes out into the light, I keep wondering how deep this cesspool really is.

That is a great quote.

As to the depth of the cesspool, we unfortunately live in it, wallow against it every day and they simply emulated it!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Ozzie

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2008, 09:54:38 PM »

Roxe, I can't remember who it was that said that "life wasn't meant to be easy", but it's certainly true when one stands for truth. It can be VERY LONELY too. Often, we feel that our only friend is Jesus, as other people tell us that were "stupid to get involved", "Leave it for the authorities to work on" (and they don't want to see it, let alone deal with the problem), "If that were true, 'something' would have been done about it before now" and so on.

There is usually quite a price tag that accompanies standing for truth, but our reward is not in this world. I long to be with Jesus and see and end to all this evil; both within and without the church. And Roxe, don't keep your mouth shut either. Stand up and be counted. God bless. :praying:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up