Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for Blue Mountain Television Sharathon  (Read 37900 times)

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: Prayer for Blue Mountain Television Sharathon
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 09:39:44 PM »

Frankly, I would hope the fools would repeat it every chance they get!!! Just how long will it take the Lord to strike them all down for their abomination???

Not long, I trust, as their is a work to be done and we should not be tied up with this follishness!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

I just received this from a friend at Walla Walla:

Johann, I have good news, just noticed this in our bulletin today:
Oct 20-23 our local Blue Mountain Television Sharathon will be hosted  by Dan Matthews and Linda Shelton...

Please pray that something good will happen for Linda Shelton.  Dan Matthews is now in charge of media for Loma Linda Broadcasting Network.  She needs to be vindicated and placed where her talents can be used.  By the way, Dan supported Gospel Outreach not long ago when they used Linda in their special program here in town.  From what I hear it was Walt Thompson who talked an hour to Dick Madson and tried his utmost to stop them from using Linda.. . .

There is still need for prayers that what happened last time will not be repeated.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 02:34:55 PM »

Yes.  I can confirm this as well.  The following paragraph is taken verbatim from a letter I received from Dr. Thompson in April, 2008:

"Love for another is not determined by the action of that person.  A mother does not cease to love her son or daughter when that child chooses to follow a different path than the one requested by the mother.  In fact, the more rebellious a child becomes, and the deeper that child becomes involved in sin, the greater is that love felt by the mother.  Though the mother's hands may be tied and unable to help, she will never stop loving.  Her hands may be tied by many things, but perhaps the most dangerous is that of enabling one in their destructive behavior.  Yes, there is one other serious thing that may tie her hands, and that is her concern for the other children that may be irreparably hurt by the actions of the rebellious, but loved child.  I must tell you that Linda is much like a rebellious child to me.  I do not agree with what she has done, or is doing.  I must do what I can to protect my other children - and if this means I make a phone call, hard as it may be, I will do it, but though she may not see my acts as acts of love, that does not change the reality of it.  I believe Jesus would do the same."

From what I hear it was Walt Thompson who talked an hour to Dick Madson and tried his utmost to stop them from using Linda.. . .

If this is true, then this speaks volumes against the leadership of 3ABN, namely their board chairman, and backs up the earlier claims of such continuing harrassment against Linda Shelton.  Can this be verified by others there? :wave:

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 07:05:43 PM »

Yes.  I can confirm this as well.  The following paragraph is taken verbatim from a letter I received from Dr. Thompson in April, 2008:

"Love for another is not determined by the action of that person.  A mother does not cease to love her son or daughter when that child chooses to follow a different path than the one requested by the mother.  In fact, the more rebellious a child becomes, and the deeper that child becomes involved in sin, the greater is that love felt by the mother.  Though the mother's hands may be tied and unable to help, she will never stop loving.  Her hands may be tied by many things, but perhaps the most dangerous is that of enabling one in their destructive behavior.  Yes, there is one other serious thing that may tie her hands, and that is her concern for the other children that may be irreparably hurt by the actions of the rebellious, but loved child.  I must tell you that Linda is much like a rebellious child to me.  I do not agree with what she has done, or is doing.  I must do what I can to protect my other children - and if this means I make a phone call, hard as it may be, I will do it, but though she may not see my acts as acts of love, that does not change the reality of it.  I believe Jesus would do the same."

From what I hear it was Walt Thompson who talked an hour to Dick Madson and tried his utmost to stop them from using Linda.. . .

If this is true, then this speaks volumes against the leadership of 3ABN, namely their board chairman, and backs up the earlier claims of such continuing harrassment against Linda Shelton.  Can this be verified by others there? :wave:

A very wise friend suggested that I post the entire letter from Dr. Thompson to put the paragraph I quoted in context.  This letter is in response to a fax I sent to Dr. Thompson and the 3ABN Board of Directors after several of them, including Dr. Thompson, tried to interfere with Linda Shelton's ministry efforts at Walla Walla last spring.  I have removed both his and my private information.

guide4him

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 07:33:20 PM »

If Dan Matthews is willing to have Linda Shelton as a co-cost on BMTV Shareathon then that is good endorsement to me. As far as I know, Dan Matthews has a very good reputation with the SDA church. Of course I am not in know of a lot of SDA information. The little I know of him, I trust his instincts.

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 09:02:17 PM »

Snoopy, reading the communication from Walt Thompson reminds me of the old John Wayne western movies my Dad liked to watch. When it came to communications between the Indians and the White man, eventually one of the wise old Indian chiefs would lift an eyebrow, stare directly into the eyes of John Wayne and pronounce judgement on the actions of his superiors, "White man speak with forked tongue." So often in the Indian's experience they discovered that the official utterances of the White man proved to be diametrically opposed to his actions. Their stated purpose and the actuality of their deeds deviated to such a degree that the Indians no longer trusted the promises that were delivered to them, but instead based their observations upon experience. I believe we would be prudent to emulate the wisdom of the Indian chiefs and based upon our experience with the deeds of Walt Thompson proclaim the following, "That man speaks with a forked tongue. Although he presents himself and his actions as inspired by Christ and declares his actions as what Jesus would do in the same situation, our practical experience with his deeds appears more in harmony with those of the Deceiver." Unfortunately we live in a world where many thump on their chests professing their Christianity and their resemblance to Jesus, but few actually follow His example. It is to this class of individuals that Walt Thompson appears to belong. My opinion is based upon the deviation between his words and his actions especially in the case of Linda Shelton and in regards to the inequity that has run rampant at 3ABN under the leadership of both Danny Shelton and Walt Thompson.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2008, 06:03:52 PM »

Dr Walter Thompson is a BIG part of what is wrong at 3ABN...he is so blinded by his purported mission he cannot see the real demons for the false demons and has become a part of the 3ABN demonology...everyone else are demons and the miscreants of 3ABN are saints!!! The demons are attacking 3ABN!!!

Sadly he does not recognize that 3ABN is FULL OF DEMONS that need to be exorcised!!!

The sooner Thompson recognizes the TRUTH the sooner 3ABN gets to exorcise the demons in its own closets and focus on their final ministry.

The delusion is over...all is exposed and THEY ARE GUILTY AS CHARGED. Time for reformation at 3ABN!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Snoopy, reading the communication from Walt Thompson reminds me of the old John Wayne western movies my Dad liked to watch. When it came to communications between the Indians and the White man, eventually one of the wise old Indian chiefs would lift an eyebrow, stare directly into the eyes of John Wayne and pronounce judgement on the actions of his superiors, "White man speak with forked tongue." So often in the Indian's experience they discovered that the official utterances of the White man proved to be diametrically opposed to his actions. Their stated purpose and the actuality of their deeds deviated to such a degree that the Indians no longer trusted the promises that were delivered to them, but instead based their observations upon experience. I believe we would be prudent to emulate the wisdom of the Indian chiefs and based upon our experience with the deeds of Walt Thompson proclaim the following, "That man speaks with a forked tongue. Although he presents himself and his actions as inspired by Christ and declares his actions as what Jesus would do in the same situation, our practical experience with his deeds appears more in harmony with those of the Deceiver." Unfortunately we live in a world where many thump on their chests professing their Christianity and their resemblance to Jesus, but few actually follow His example. It is to this class of individuals that Walt Thompson appears to belong. My opinion is based upon the deviation between his words and his actions especially in the case of Linda Shelton and in regards to the inequity that has run rampant at 3ABN under the leadership of both Danny Shelton and Walt Thompson.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 07:12:26 PM »

I am not so naive as to think that Walt Thompson has not recognized long ago the problems that exist. I believe he long ago recognized that there were "demons" at 3ABN.

I think his problem is that he doesn't want to admit it.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 03:45:50 AM by Bob Pickle »

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2008, 08:39:51 PM »

A number of years ago I approached Walt Thompson about a major problem I saw at 3ABN, he gave me his opinion, I gave him Bible principle in return that countered his rather negative and arrogant argumentation. He then agreed to look into the matter. I told him a few individuals that had direct experience with the matter in question. He agreed to do so. After a reasonable time had pasted, I spoke with those individuals and asked them if Walt Thompson had contacted them... He had not. My opinion of Walt Thompson? He appears to operate on the premise of "the end justifies the means".  Throwing Biblical principle to the wind, while indulging in situational ethics, he appears willing to do whatever is necessary to support the continuence of Danny Shelton's realm.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2008, 02:23:49 PM »

A number of years ago I approached Walt Thompson about a major problem I saw at 3ABN, he gave me his opinion, I gave him Bible principle in return that countered his rather negative and arrogant argumentation. He then agreed to look into the matter. I told him a few individuals that had direct experience with the matter in question. He agreed to do so. After a reasonable time had pasted, I spoke with those individuals and asked them if Walt Thompson had contacted them... He had not. My opinion of Walt Thompson? He appears to operate on the premise of "the end justifies the means".  Throwing Biblical principle to the wind, while indulging in situational ethics, he appears willing to do whatever is necessary to support the continuence of Danny Shelton's realm.

Here, Here!!!! If Thompson were doing his job, we would not have had anything to report, but Thompson picked up the wrong ball long ago and sold out to the "Danny Factor"...Danny Lee Shelton is the annointed one and therefore support him and his presidency despite the fact that it is a massive hypocricy!!!

Thompson knows better than anyone else THERE IS NO VIABLE EVIDENCE AGAINST LINDA SUE SHELTON, but continues to denigrate Linda at every opportunity. He is guilty of defamation and interferring in her economic prospects...a virulent virus worthy of utter destruction in my book...cannot be trusted anymore thn Danny Lee Shelton and just another "hypocrite".

He also knows better than any other that Danny was using 3ABN as his own business and ignored the truth.

His sin has moved past the sin of ommission to the sin of commission and best "fess" up or he faces a virulent judgment.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2008, 05:28:28 PM »

So Walt had to punish Linda since she is a rebellious child. Meanwhile he lets Danny be a spoiled little brat (to carry the analogy further)?

Does he think the trust services staff were rebellious children too, but not Leonard Westphal? Kind of warped, if you ask me.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 05:42:10 PM »

That reminds me of an amusing story.  Larry Ewing had asked me to help with a particular state filing related to charitable gift annuities (CGAs).  This state  had a much more complicated registration process than most other states.  It included probably 30+ pages of required disclosures to be completed by each individual responsible for soliciting CGAs from the public.  In 3ABN's case the only one who needed to complete the forms was Dr. Westphal.  So I went to the website and found the required disclosures.  This was right around campmeeting time (May 2006) and the Westphals were in Thompsonville.  So I prepared the package and took it over to the worship center where Dr. Westphal was meeting with potential donors.  I explained who I was, what I was doing, and what I needed him to do.  He took the paperwork and agreed to complete it and send it back to me.

I waited and waited and checked with Larry Ewing every once in a while, but no package arrived back from Dr. Westphal.  So I finally called Dr. Westphal at his Loma Linda office and asked him if he had finished the necessary documents.  His response to me..."Ya, ya, I looked at it but it is too complicated.  You're the CPA - you fill it out!"  The humorous part is that the whole filing had to do with his personal information - there was NO WAY for me to fill it out for him, not to mention it required his signature!!

It so happened that I was to be in San Diego in the coming weeks.  While there, I took a day out of my trip to drive the 1.5 hours from San Diego to Loma Linda.  I sat there at the table with Dr. Westphal, read him the questions, and filled out the form for him.  I then had him sign it, and I returned the form to Larry Ewing so he could file it with the state.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008, 05:44:41 PM »

So Walt had to punish Linda since she is a rebellious child. Meanwhile he lets Danny be a spoiled little brat (to carry the analogy further)?

Does he think the trust services staff were rebellious children too, but not Leonard Westphal? Kind of warped, if you ask me.

Thompson can't tell the difference between a rebellion and a reformation revolution. I suspect he is headed for the same conclusion the British came to here in America...maybe he can retreat to Canada with Ewing? Ewing certainly deserves him!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Johann

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2008, 04:39:19 PM »

I received this report from Walla Walla:

"Johann,

"We watched Linda & Dan Mathews last evening on the local Blue Mountain Television Sharathon, both did excellent.  Linda looked so nice, appreciated her comments very much.  She is such a special person, good to see Linda involved." 

xxxx

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 07:37:06 PM »

"Johann,

"We watched Linda & Dan Mathews last evening on the local Blue Mountain Television Sharathon, both did excellent.  Linda looked so nice, appreciated her comments very much.  She is such a special person, good to see Linda involved." 

xxxx

She, Linda Sue Shelton, must increase and He, Danny Lee Shelton, must decrease. That is the way of justice.
The Lord's blessing is upon Linda, She has served her time in Egypt and must now blossom into the fullness of bloom.

You can some of the people all the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. GIG IS UP, DANNY LEE SHELTON and BRENDA WALSH. We know the tuth and we will share the truth!!!
Danny and Brenda must wither and pay the price for what they have done to Linda Sue Shelton!!!

The Lord's justice be upon them!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2008, 07:51:51 PM »

I am very happy for Linda. God is and always has blessed her in spite of everything. 

"Johann,

xxxx

She, Linda Sue Shelton, must increase and He, Danny Lee Shelton, must decrease. That is the way of justice.
The Lord's blessing is upon Linda, She has served her time in Egypt and must now blossom into the fullness of bloom.

You can some of the people all the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. GIG IS UP, DANNY LEE SHELTON and BRENDA WALSH. We know the tuth and we will share the truth!!!
Danny and Brenda must wither and pay the price for what they have done to Linda Sue Shelton!!!

The Lord's justice be upon them!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up