Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Pray that Danny Shelton accepts the 3 angels' messages  (Read 17240 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Pray that Danny Shelton accepts the 3 angels' messages
« on: October 27, 2008, 05:32:12 AM »

When the first angel's message was preached, GC 369 says that the following was one of the effects: "Those whose lives had been marked with dishonesty were anxious to make restitution."

When Danny Shelton accepts the 3 angels' messages, there will be a similar anxiety to make restitution.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 06:10:40 AM by Bob Pickle »

Buttercup Roberts

Re: Pray that Danny Shelton accepts the 3 angels' messages
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 06:47:35 AM »

When the first angel's message was preached, GC 369 says that the following was one of the effects: "Those whose lives had been marked with dishonesty were anxious to make restitution."

When Danny Shelton accepts the 3 angels' messages, there will be a similar anxiety to make restitution.

It occurs to me that much of the unpleasantness on this forum would rapidly disappear if some members could stop trying to force repentance and restitution on others and just let the Holy Spirit do His job by Himself.

It seems to me that He is far more qualified then an inquisitor or self-righteous Pharisee  has ever been to do God's will.

Doesn't the bible say something about examining oneself first and that we will be judged as we judge others???

Johann

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 08:54:22 AM »

It occurs to me that much of the unpleasantness on this forum would rapidly disappear if some members could stop trying to force repentance and restitution on others and just let the Holy Spirit do His job by Himself.

It seems to me that He is far more qualified then an inquisitor or self-righteous Pharisee  has ever been to do God's will.

Doesn't the bible say something about examining oneself first and that we will be judged as we judge others???

It depends on which portion of the Scripture you are reading. Jesus also told the parable of the Good Samaritan. It condemns the priest and the Levite for just passing by the victim by the roadside. Some of us witnessed a woman being thrown into a pit of untrue condemnations - vicious and unchristian judgment - and we felt it was our Christina duty to defend this defenseless woman. Only a vicious and unchristian Pharisee would judge such an action.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 09:33:55 AM »

It depends on which portion of the Scripture you are reading. Jesus also told the parable of the Good Samaritan. It condemns the priest and the Levite for just passing by the victim by the roadside. Some of us witnessed a woman being thrown into a pit of untrue condemnations - vicious and unchristian judgment - and we felt it was our Christina duty to defend this defenseless woman. Only a vicious and unchristian Pharisee would judge such an action.

Agreed, Johann!
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 09:53:44 AM »

Agreed, Johann!

Do you really? I think far too many here jump on the bandwagon and agree without  really considering what they are agreeing with.

I don't believe anyone here would disagree with the principles expressed and taught in the parable of the good Samaritan. All should care for and help a victim as needed especially when they are not in our belief system.

But at the same time I don't recall the good Samaritan hunting down the perpetrator, the Priest, or the Levite, do you?

Nor do I recall Jesus chasing the Pharisees down and forcing repentance or restitution either, or beating them over the head with God's word, stalking and harassing them, and even publishing reports to shame and embarrass them...

I was thinking about this, it is true, some put themselves in the role of the Holy Spirit, and yet I also haven't heard of a inquisitor or self  righteous pharisee yet who could come close to filling that role or doing God's will. Our thoughts and our ways are not His...

It just makes me sick. I believe this kind of thinking and behavior is blasphemy. Just imagine the Holy Spirit using the Pickle Joy and Co. tactics..    badgering until the subject is worn down, that would be more like torture than wooing. Few things make me more angry than seeing God misrepresented. sigh.. 

I refuse to give into that but I do agree with the following:

"much of the unpleasantness on this forum would  rapidly disappear if some members could  just let the Holy Spirit do  His job by Himself..."

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 10:08:00 AM by Nosir Myzing »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 10:07:09 AM »

You forget. The hunter is named Danny Lee Shelton.

If that scoundrel Danny Shelton is going to keep on hunting me down, and perpetrating a fraud upon our people in the process, then I see nothing wrong with kindly pointing out how big a fraud it is.

He has been called the Lord's anointed. The Hebrew and Greek words for "anointed" are Messiah and Christ. Jesus warned us about false Christs and false prophets in the end of time, and told us that we would know them by their fruits. If Danny is not anxious to make restitution to those he has wronged by his deceptions, then he is demonstrating by his fruit that he is a false Christ and a false prophet, and people need to know.

Johann

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 11:19:33 AM »

Do you really? I think far too many here jump on the bandwagon and agree without  really considering what they are agreeing with.

I don't believe anyone here would disagree with the principles expressed and taught in the parable of the good Samaritan. All should care for and help a victim as needed especially when they are not in our belief system.

But at the same time I don't recall the good Samaritan hunting down the perpetrator, the Priest, or the Levite, do you?

Since when has the Good Samaritan been our supreme example? I happen to be a follower of Jesus Christ, and He certainly hunted down - not so much the perpetrator, but the Priest and the Levite. Some Bible students even suggest they may have been in the audience when Jesus told the story. And the Holy Spirit saw to it that the story remains with us as a guide for us - even now 2000 years later!

Nor do I recall Jesus chasing the Pharisees down and forcing repentance or restitution either, or beating them over the head with God's word, stalking and harassing them, and even publishing reports to shame and embarrass them...

If we haven't heard that sory since kindergarten it may be a good idea to read and study it again.

I was thinking about this, it is true, some put themselves in the role of the Holy Spirit, and yet I also haven't heard of a inquisitor or self  righteous pharisee yet who could come close to filling that role or doing God's will. Our thoughts and our ways are not His...
The Holy Spirit is not encouraging wishy-washy Christianity. He encourages action, and not mere wanton waiting while nothing happens. Pity that scoundrel who never dares speak up against evil, even if the perpetrator has a saintly face or function. How did Paul treat Peter? (Should we ask the next General Conference session to delete that story from Scripture?) How did Nathan tread David?
It just makes me sick. I believe this kind of thinking and behavior is blasphemy. Just imagine the Holy Spirit using the Pickle Joy and Co. tactics..    badgering until the subject is worn down, that would be more like torture than wooing. Few things make me more angry than seeing God misrepresented. sigh.. 

Praise the Lord for your ailment. Otherwise you will never realize you need a remedy.

I refuse to give into that but I do agree with the following:

"much of the unpleasantness on this forum would  rapidly disappear if some members could  just let the Holy Spirit do  His job by Himself..."

This forum happens to be for humans. If you are too weak to endure some soundness, then join some other group for those who do nothing.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 11:35:55 AM »

The Holy Spirit is not encouraging wishy-washy Christianity. He encourages action, and not mere wanton waiting while nothing happens. Pity that scoundrel who never dares speak up against evil, even if the perpetrator has a saintly face or function. How did Paul treat Peter? (Should we ask the next General Conference session to delete that story from Scripture?) How did Nathan tread David?

This forum happens to be for humans. If you are too weak to endure some soundness, then join some other group for those who do nothing.

Encouraged by the Holy Spirit..........Since 3ABN has issued a press release, I would suggest that folks might take it and send it to every media outlet and talk show host that you can think of. Larry King, Fox News, that Grace lady, Christianity Today, Wall Street Journal, etc.

Holy Spirit inspired ....National Enquirer would even maybe pay you for the tip.

Wonder hiow much the Holy Spirit would pay via the National Enquirer for this hot tip.??

Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 11:45:56 AM »

Quote from: nosir myzing
Quote from: Johann

It depends on which portion of the Scripture you are reading. Jesus also told the parable of the Good Samaritan. It condemns the priest and the Levite for just passing by the victim by the roadside. Some of us witnessed a woman being thrown into a pit of untrue condemnations - vicious and unchristian judgment - and we felt it was our Christina duty to defend this defenseless woman.

Since when has the Good Samaritan been our supreme example? I happen to be a follower of Jesus Christ...

Wasn't the "Good Samaritan" your example and your argument?

Yes. so, you tell us.

Was it since Jesus Christ gave him as an example, or when you, Johann, brought up the parable of Jesus Christ about the good Samaritan here in this topic as an example to justify yourself, Pickle, Joy & co.?

Quote from: Pastor Johann
Quote from: nosir Myzing

If we haven't heard that sory since kindergarten it may be a good idea to read and study it again.

maybe you should explain the difference between your methods and Christ's, or at least explain how he hunted down the pharisees as you seem to be implying.

I am very interested in hearing that POV explained with biblical support.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 12:13:53 PM by Nosir Myzing »

Habanero

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 02:46:19 PM »

Jesus went into the temple where people were merchandising and making money off of selling God. He made a whip and hunted them down. He physically chased them out of God's house with the threat of beating them, not with the bible, but with a whip.

In public pronouncements Jesus called the Pharisees all kinds of unpleasant names. He warned the people about them and harrassed and tormented them with his judgements on them. Yes, a report was published that has heaped shame and embarassment on them for 2,000 years, and it is called The Holy bible.

It is interesting to see that people who think it wonderful and laudable for Danny and 3ABN to hunt down and try to destroy Linda and others suddenly think it abominable and unchristian for that kind of behaviour to be reflected in others.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 03:04:36 PM »

It is interesting to see that people who think it wonderful and laudable for Danny and 3ABN to hunt down and try to destroy Linda and others suddenly think it abominable and unchristian for that kind of behaviour to be reflected in others.

I am not going to try to speak for anyone else. I have never thought what DS did or was accused of doing was laudable or wonderful.
It was in many cases abominable and unchristian if true and I believe much of it was.

But it would be very hard to out christian this.......

Since 3ABN has issued a press release, I would suggest that folks might take it and send it to every media outlet and talk show host that you can think of. Larry King, Fox News, that Grace lady, Christianity Today, Wall Street Journal, etc.

Holy Spirit inspired ????....National Enquirer would even maybe pay you for the tip.

Why doesn't Bob take care of notifying the media and maybe get paid for notifying the National Enquirer??
Might be enough to keep him for awhile.

Can we believe Christ would go to a media publication like the National Enquirer for pay. Somehow I can't picture that. Nor do I recall in the examples you gave Christ asking others to go to the media of his day.

Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Habanero

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 03:19:43 PM »

Nor do I recall in the examples you gave Christ asking others to go to the media of his day.

The only media of his day was word of mouth and what people wrote. His diciples wrote it down, the Catholic church declared that those writings were canon scripture, those stories have reprinted and sold more than any other piece of writing in history, they have been spread around the world by 3ABN and other TV and radion networks, they have been told to children in Sabbath School, and preached from the pulpit. No media of any day could have taken those examples further than Jesus' diciples did.

That aside, it is demonstrated that he did hunt people down, harrass, embarass, and publicly say terrible things about them.

Habanero

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 03:37:27 PM »

Also, it is easy for people to get pompous and jump all over Bob and Gailon for their tactics, but when a megalithic machine went after a few small people totally intent on crushing them forever, where were you? Two little men stepped out and tried to at least do something. You can pounce on them for their tactics, but they at least did something and tried to help people who were being crushed, instead of sitting comfortably back on their haunches and issuing armchair judgements. No good deed goes unpunished, and it is usually people who will do no risky deeds at all who cheer on the punishment of those who do.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 03:46:24 PM »

The only media of his day was word of mouth and what people wrote. His disciples wrote it down, the Catholic church declared that those writings were canon scripture, those stories have reprinted and sold more than any other piece of writing in history, they have been spread around the world by 3ABN and other TV and radion networks, they have been told to children in Sabbath School, and preached from the pulpit. No media of any day could have taken those examples further than Jesus' disciples did.

That aside, it is demonstrated that he did hunt people down, harass, embarrass, and publicly say terrible things about them.

You cannot equate scripture with what is going on here. But aside from that,take a stab, anyone at answering honestly. Especially Bob and Daryl. Even tho Bob lives in my hoetown area I had never heard of him till this with 3ABN.
I have since spoken to people that have known him for a longtime. I have also had quite a lengthy experience with Daryl on this topic.

Substitute the name DS with Jan Paulsen or Don Schneider. How eager and approving would you be then to  stoop to the National Enquirer,for pay no less.
I know for a fact Daryl does not approve of any action against  church scandal where it becomes public knowledge.
My son's situation could not have been more clear cut. We had admission, independent proof,not only of the guilt of the pastor,but five conferences that had moved him to spread his questionable charms.
Daryl made it very clear where he stood. That is his right. Now that this is the dreaded independent ministry being hacked to death,all bets are off.  I think if it were the organized SDA it would be hidden if allowed at all.
How many of you would want the National Enquirer to suddenly blast my son's ordeal nationwide. And for money??
Bob,this took place in your own conference. Did you get in there to straighten out what was wrong.?
Would you if it were Jan Paulsen or Don Schneider.

I don't believe you would. As long as it is an independent ministry that has not been enthusiastically
embraced by the official denomination the attitude is much different.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 03:53:19 PM »

Also, it is easy for people to get pompous and jump all over Bob and Gailon for their tactics, but when a megalithic machine went after a few small people totally intent on crushing them forever, where were you? Two little men stepped out and tried to at least do something. You can pounce on them for their tactics, but they at least did something and tried to help people who were being crushed, instead of sitting comfortably back on their haunches and issuing armchair judgements. No good deed goes unpunished, and it is usually people who will do no risky deeds at all who cheer on the punishment of those who do.

Yeah, I know about the pompous. Where was I?? Didn't know. Had never watched 3ABN.  There is no excuse for asking others to contact national media. Let them do it.

instead of sitting comfortably back on their haunches and issuing armchair judgements. No good deed goes unpunished, and it is usually people who will do no risky deeds at all who cheer on the punishment of those who do.

Had the behaviour been ethical,many issuing armchair judgements would have continued to help.

Who is cheering on the punsihment of anyone except Bob. Bob wants to heap it on thru the media as many as he can reach apparantly.Or I should say he wants others to reach so he can say he was contacted
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up